• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

last time seeing my baby :cry: yesterday this jeep really honed my skills offroad and was a great rig that always came back after some punishment...

But onto better things all parts plus some new stuff are going into this beauty because i have full intentions of not building another jeep for a long time i want one that will last

But onto better things all parts plus some new stuff are going into this beauty because i have full intentions of not building another jeep for a long time i want one that will last

Thats what I said. Cherry 88k 98 that I took care of (knew the owner) since 2008? and 60k-ish miles. 4 months later I was hoarding parts to do a fully plated and caged build. Then a year later I was 90% done with it and DDing it. Then a year later I parted it out.

Thats what I said. Cherry 88k 98 that I took care of (knew the owner) since 2008? and 60k-ish miles. 4 months later I was hoarding parts to do a fully plated and caged build. Then a year later I was 90% done with it and DDing it. Then a year later I parted it out.

No way same!! Except I took too long and wheeled it and let the body get tweaked so now I'm caging/plating the shit after and playing catch up. Better late than never but sometimes I wish I had the patience to start with a fresh body. I just love mine too damn much, door gaps and all.

Been away for a while due to school/work/personal shit but hoping to revive the build thread soon. Cage is in progress now after finishing full front stiffeners, new track bar bracket, and bumper. After the cage is finished I'll finally get around to some hydro assist and a winch, then coilovers for the front to remedy the rotting passenger coil tower and then figure out more up travel for the rear.

New 4.0s been running mint since the fall and the jeep as a whole has been an amazing DD throughout the winter, taking the trips up to burlington VT every other week or so like a champ. Going to be starting a classic car rental company and detailing service on the vineyard with a friend this summer so might be a slow season for wheeling, but it'll give me time to get everything sorted without destroying it too quickly.

Anybody have a suggestion for good chassis paint? Pulled the rear subframe and attached components out of my M3 yesterday and want to clean it up and paint it before it goes back in.

http://www.magnetpaints.com/underbody.asp
Chassis Saver.

Your local NAPA or CAP should have it.
All about the prep work too. Buy a case of brake cleaner.

x2 on this. I used the silver-aluminized one.

Do not, i repeat, do not get it on your skin. Took a solid 2 weeks of scrubbing to get it off my arms after doing my floor pans

did you get it on your hootus?

I refer to it as the Silver Surfer now. The ladies love to ride :yelclap:

So buy chassis saver, and dump directly in pants?

i don't recommend. Urinating on other people's tires is quite difficult now.

Back