• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

No it's because they're going to have to photoshop Sheep into doing things other than pulling a chair up to his buffet.

Probably an extra 2 grand just to edit the mustard stains off his shirt alone

muscle car question:

need a clutch and fan for my FIL's 65 mustang. 347 stroker, serpentine belt. Theres maybe 3" between the water pump and radiator. any ideas?

a quick search shows the hayden 2710 as a factory ford small block clutch, but its standard rotation. I'd need a reverse rotation clutch bc its serpentine belt now, right?

Anyway, the internet says to use a Jag fan clutch (i'm down with some parts from the UK pip pip) here, but will that bolt up? It's apparently 2.75." So I need a fan that stick out only .25" further from the face of the clutch.... not gonna work, right? Should I just bite the bullet and get a flex fan? Was never really a fan (ha) of those.

here's a pic
sykuEql.jpg

Currently have this fan in front of the rad acting as a pusher. the things SCREAMS and it will def make a great aux fan. The car needs the mechanical though, there is zero room in the engine bay the temp creeps up over 275F around town on hot days.

Last edited:

Looks like you'll need reverse rotation as the fan isn't spinning in the same direction as the crank (uses the smooth side of the belt).

You're in custom territory so you'll have to see if you can get measurements for whatever fan you're interested in.

I'd be tempted to run it without a fan clutch if you can't get one to fit and make sure to get a good shroud on that thing or else it's doing jack shit.

No clutch as in just slap a good flex fan on it? And yea, shroud for sure. Probably will use one of the summit fan shroud kits.

I have to ask the question... why is the pulley spinning the wrong direction? Doesn't this mean the coolant is flowing through the system backwards too (which would certainly cause cooling problems)? Did Ford swap the coolant inlets/outlets on the small blocks at some point? Never had any problems like this that couldn't be solved by re-routing the belt. If he is having that much trouble cooling it, I wouldn't worry about a clutch fan. Just get a small 1.5" spacer and bolt on a good quality flex fan.

I have to ask the question... why is the pulley spinning the wrong direction? Doesn't this mean the coolant is flowing through the system backwards too (which would certainly cause cooling problems)? Did Ford swap the coolant inlets/outlets on the small blocks at some point? Never had any problems like this that couldn't be solved by re-routing the belt. If he is having that much trouble cooling it, I wouldn't worry about a clutch fan. Just get a small 1.5" spacer and bolt on a good quality flex fan.

I have no idea. I was just reading online and saw v belt = standard rotation, serp belt = counter clockwise rotation. he bought the car built, he hasn't done much to it.

Thanks andy and colin, I'll just get him to slap a flex fan and shroud on it.

Back