• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Hopefully, I'm probably going to check at the one in Allston on the way home today.

Good luck. I just snapchatted you the bottles I got.

Good luck. I just snapchatted you the bottles I got.

Yeah, I hate you now. This is one of those times I wish I still had my Jeep, it would have all gone in together. Now that I care somewhat about my vehicle . . .

You didn't hate me before?
I must have been doing it wrong.

Hopefully, I'm probably going to check at the one in Allston on the way home today.

Definitely the case. Stopped at two other Autozones when I went out this evening. One had no sales, no mark downs. The other only had the Quaker Semi-Syn on sale.

what about baby oil?

PS Patch is sending unapropriate text and snapchats

Definitely the case. Stopped at two other Autozones when I went out this evening. One had no sales, no mark downs. The other only had the Quaker Semi-Syn on sale.

Let me know if you run across any M1 0w-40, I've read that a bunch of people have gotten Wallyworld to price match.

Third. Leaving today around 3. Off until the 5th. So pumped.

Anyone know much about recessed lighting? (Bill/Chris).

Doing recessed lighting in all the bedrooms upstairs. Go with 6"ers I'm guessing? What sq footage estimate should I use to determine how many to put in each room? (i.e. 4 or 6?). LED or incandescent?

Definitely planning on airtight/IC rated housings.

Second sign the p&s on the house tonight

Awesome!

THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread aka North America Home Owners Association Thread

Nice sheep! And Colin, there are calculators online. Beam angle and ceiling height all change the layout. And don't buy anything except LED.

Doing recessed lighting in all the bedrooms upstairs. Go with 6"ers I'm guessing? What sq footage estimate should I use to determine how many to put in each room? (i.e. 4 or 6?). LED or incandescent?

Not really, although I'd agree with what's been said - IC rated, and it's pointless to invest in anything incandescent anymore. I've been running a test on 3 different 'new' bulbs in my house (two hybrid CFLs, one pure LED) and they're all pretty damn nice.

Any of the recessed installations I've done, do not have the ability to be 'too bright' at the end of it. For me anyway. I tend to favor isolated lighting rather than 'whole room' lighting so that might be part of it. (as in, my living room has a table lamp between the recliner and couch, a table lamp in a far corner, and a standing lamp in the opposite corner. The overhead light gets used 0% of the time). In a working space it's different, like a kitchen, but otherwise it's not my thing.

Second sign the p&s on the house tonight
Congrats Sheep!
Third. Leaving today around 3. Off until the 5th. So pumped.

Awesome!
I would go with 4" in those rooms. You can get the same light output either size. Don't do 5" that is odd. Plus you are going to your parents (or Kate's) for Christmas? Nat Grid is running the rebate on the Halo 4" LED trims again. $14. We just picked up a bunch for my brother's place.
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Halo-4-in-...-Trim-Ring-80-CRI-3000K-RL460WH830/204270711/
Grab those an an IC can and you are in business. They had both the 3000k and the 3500k in stock when we got my brother's a week ago. But you will have to shop IN an MA store that Nat Grid covers to get the discount.

If you don't get the Halos e sure to stay way from the house brands like Commerical Electric and whatever Lowe's is. They flicker when dimmed. Not worth the couple dollars on each light saved. Stick with Halo or Lithonia and you will have a good light.

If you get a dimmer be sure you get one rate to dim CFL / LED and not just incandescent. The prior will dim all three, the later won't work with the newer stuff.

As Chris said don't waste your time on incandescents and I don't like the hum you get from CFL when dimmed (plus not all can be dimmed).

Last edited:

Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Probably going to pick the stuff up sometime this week. I'll be sure to have your number handy Bill :laugh:

this looked like a fun ride

PS I need tube

rob we are talking about home lighting today get out of here with that race car bullshit

Nitro makes fire, fire makes lights, Colin needs Nitro Lighting

Back