• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

Are you on crack, 12v's are like the 350 if the diesel world

This. cheap, easy, reliable. Hell, I'm gonna be pushing close to double stock power and the only thing I worry about is the stock clutch. Once I get my new clutch in, there's really not much to worry about. Stock 12v short blocks are good for 800-1000hp no problem.

This. cheap, easy, reliable. Hell, I'm gonna be pushing close to double stock power and the only thing I worry about is the stock clutch. Once I get my new clutch in, there's really not much to worry about. Stock 12v short blocks are good for 800-1000hp no problem.

For your wallet's sake I hope you don't eat these words in the next few months.

For your wallet's sake I hope you don't eat these words in the next few months.

I can buy another complete engine for less the just the injectors for a Dmax cost. Once the clutch is in, I'm gonna add a little more fuel and then leave the truck alone. Aiming for around 400hp/800tq.

they look good. I'd rock the diesel one.

who am i kidding i'll never own a showroom new vehicle...

They definitely look pretty sweet, though not sure I'd get the diesel. It would have to get really good mileage.

I bet the initial price tag for the diesel is on the high end and they'll choke the shit out of it with emissions. If they don't choke it and the price tag isn't insane, that truck could be really awesome.

They definitely look pretty sweet, though not sure I'd get the diesel. It would have to get really good mileage.

I bet the initial price tag for the diesel is on the high end and they'll choke the shit out of it with emissions. If they don't choke it and the price tag isn't insane, that truck could be really awesome.

I'm hoping the GMC Canyon will have better looking headlights but the Chevy version isn't bad looking.

It'll use DEF. :(

The RAM 1500 diesel adds $2850 above the Hemi cost, it should be less than that I would hope.

It looks a little minivan-ish up front, but not terrible. Definitely better looking than the newer Dodge Dakotas IMO.

Yeah eff that, at that point I'd just take the 400 HP Hemi and use the $2850 for plenty of burnout tires.

I just wish they would start making mini pickups again. My s10 was awesome even with the I4.

Small, light, turbocharged - modern day Syclone would be epic

the new colorado is gonna be about the same size as your dmax bill... lol theyre not small by any means. well, small next to a new 1500.
I think your information might be wrong...
Where are you getting that from? It's the same size as a Tacoma...

Some comparisons (all extended cabs)

Width:
2015 Colorado 74.3"
2015 Tacoma 72.2" to 74.6"
1995 C1500 76.8"
2015 1500 80"
2006 2500 HD (my truck): 79.7 in

Height:
2015 Colorado 70.5"
2015 Tacoma 70.3"
1995 C1500 70.4"
2015 1500 73.97"
2006 2500 HD (my truck): 76.2 in

Are you on crack, 12v's are like the 350 if the diesel world

Shit, I guess I'm wrong.

And I may have to reconsider a 12 valve... at redline I could even hit 58mph with the stock trans/tires!

Got 8 mins left of work and nothing to do and don't wanna be asked to stay late, 8 min dump sounds good

A little diesel in a truck the size of mine would be awesome. The current Colorado got such garbage reviews I never considered one. Hopefully they fix a lot of those issues on the new one because it looks great.

Back