• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

mine was used haha. just keep on it. i found mine after over a year of searching for the one. its a kimber stainless TLE/RL. love it

but there are cheaper alternatives like springfiled, while not as quality theyre not a bad gun. my next build will be a .308 or .338 lapula

mine was used haha. just keep on it. i found mine after over a year of searching for the one. its a kimber stainless TLE/RL. love it

but there are cheaper alternatives like springfiled, while not as quality theyre not a bad gun. my next build will be a .308 or .338 lapula

The Springfield ones are nice, but I like the kimber and sigs. It's not going to be a daily carry, I have my Ruger lc9 for that. I just want a nice, quality, accuarate .45 that won't get offended if I put 150 through it in a sitting. And then look pretty if being open carried.

does anyone from CT know if that thread started by jasonb is discussing legal wheeling or illegal wheeling? I'm pretty sure it is the latter.

The site for the park says scenic driving, YouTube shows shit that has to be illegal, i was thinking about actually calling them up and asking
Figure if it was legit the four clubs in the state would have runs there regularly

does anyone from CT know if that thread started by jasonb is discussing legal wheeling or illegal wheeling? I'm pretty sure it is the latter.
Did some digging, looks questionable. It's gone.

Hey Bill,

380794_10150495330967424_590587423_9045215_1753397686_n.jpg

398030_10150495331057424_590587423_9045217_749701969_n.jpg

Haha I wish I had 1100 to spend on a gun. My dad and uncle both carry Kimbers and they are beautiful firearms. I'm loosely looking for a 1911 but doubt I'll be buying one anytime soon. I might be able to afford something used but that's about it.

I've also been keeping an eye out for a 1911. Heard pretty decent things about the "new" Ruger SR1911 and I know they can be had new for $700 (or $600, can't remember). Only problem so far has been finding them since they sell out quick.

Does anyone know if Crown carries the studs that hold the external slave cylinder to the bellhousing? Or can I just replace those studs with bolts (is there any reason to keep the studs over bolts)?

And today I learned that whoever did the clutch before I bought the Jeep installed the pilot bearing backwards. Not sure that it caused any problems... but it was definitely in there wrong.

Hopefully getting everything back together tomorrow (or at least before the end of the week) but we will see. I might just put it off until I have more time over the weekend which will just mean no Jeep at the M&G.

studs are way easier for aligning the slave cyl. Just get the piston head lined up with the fork, then push till the bolts line up with the holes... no reason other than that.

Factory studs (97-99 but should fit any ext slave AX15) are 6032 878
Factory nuts are 0152 472.

Specs: stud is .312-18 (5/16-18) 2" long, nut is a hex, flanged, all-metal locknut (staked), 5/16-18. Stud is 11126174 from fastenal, nut is 110166987 (bag of 25.)

Kinda surprised, I expected that to be a metric thread part since it is on the transmission.

you could also toss it together with shit from home depot, just make sure you use loctite :gee:

if the studs are already out of the bellhousing I would carefully run a tap through each hole before installing. Those threads get pretty gummed up from al/fe corrosion and the last thing you want to have is a new stud snapped off in the bellhousing after getting the damn transmission back in already.

After driving my truck with a busted turbo all last week, driving the 5.9 ZJ to work today felt like riding on a rocketship. Fun stuff.

My forehead lost a battle with a 1/2" drive, long-handled, flex-head Snapon ratchet on Saturday. Actually, the bolt I was trying to loosen with it lost the battle, and my forehead was collateral damage. Nice lil 3/4"-long cut with a nugget behind it right in the middle.

you could also toss it together with shit from home depot, just make sure you use loctite :gee:

if the studs are already out of the bellhousing I would carefully run a tap through each hole before installing. Those threads get pretty gummed up from al/fe corrosion and the last thing you want to have is a new stud snapped off in the bellhousing after getting the damn transmission back in already.

Maybe I'm just being dumb but do all automotive studs have two different thread pitches (different on either end of the stud)? I Know you said they are 5/16-18 but I'm pretty sure there were 2 different thread pitches; one that threaded into the bellhousing and one that was on the outside for a nut. Maybe that's the standard for automotive applications but I'm not sure...

And the threads looked remarkably clean. They were super corroded from the outside and I thought they were a lost cause (was ready to go get my extra bellhousing and swap that on) but a generous application of heat and ATF/acetone mix and it came out fairly easily and the threads look OK.

Back