• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "Hope I get it done by WF Oh-Ten" thread

damn, if that is the case, tell me where that money tree is located and it might be worth my drive over there! ;)

Well, I solved my exhaust rattle.........kinda. I got under my Jeep and noticed a shock touching my exhaust. I broke one of the shock bolts and haven't fixedit yet. I guess i probably should huh?

more lift Only BB right now
sliders
gas skid
rear disk

You don't need more lift! You will need sliders though! Disks would help too.

my rear is sagging some since they are stock leafs with a lift shackle. I have a set of XJ leafs at home I'm going to make a bastard pack with.

Disks are cause I need to do my rear brakes anyways and might as well upgrade.

Disks are cause I need to do my rear brakes anyways and might as well upgrade.

Don't blame ya there. I got a line on an 8.8 if i can find somewhere to store it. Just need a 4.10 front axle.

That was an easy fix. 83 Dakota alt. bolts right on. JIM.

Swapped this one out for a 130 amp. out of a 97 Dodge.
Got some other stuff done:
New taillights & b-ups.
HPIM1930.jpg

Seats.
HPIM1933.jpg

Mounted air tank.
HPIM1929.jpg

Picked up tube for rockers. It's only 1/8 but it should be fine since I'm such a light wheeler.:confused1 And it only cost me $3.
HPIM1932.jpg

JIM.

I also got a room taken care off already.

HPIM1915.jpg

JIM.

One step forward, two steps back!

* throw a smallish spacer+shackle lift in
* trim fenders and install TJ flares
* wire up the CB the rest of the way
* build front/rear bumpers...
* install SYE
* either get regeared or put new axles in (4.10s? 4.56s? 4.88s? hpd30 and 8.25 29sp or 8.8? oh the decisions...)
* drive.

One step forward, two steps back!

* throw a smallish spacer+shackle lift in
* trim fenders and install TJ flares
* wire up the CB the rest of the way
* build front/rear bumpers...
* install SYE
* either get regeared or put new axles in (4.10s? 4.56s? 4.88s? hpd30 and 8.25 29sp or 8.8? oh the decisions...)
* drive.

You are driving from MA for WF? Hell Yeah!

Jim.....the wife and I slept in one of those once....ONCE. Good thing your skinny.

Like the lights....they won't burn Mikes shirt.

:D

Rev

I figured I'd let Mike sleep in the "double" bed. I'll take the couch. The real reason for getting it is it will be warm. My Uncle uses a small milkhouse heater in it & said at 25 outside it stays around 65 inside with the heater on low.

The lights never burned his shirt on his jeep so they shouldn't on mine. JIM.

Lift/tires installed...

Now to figure out how to fix my drive-line vibes... :S

You are driving from MA for WF? Hell Yeah!
Hopefully!

Also, decision on gearing and axle was made... I went to the junkyard and as usual there were no 2.5L XJs. So I went to the Ford Exploder section and yanked an 8.8 with 4.10s out of a C4C vehicle. Now I just need to weld brackets and stuff onto it, get my SYE done (and probably now a custom driveshaft... sigh! add to the list!), and pick up and regear an hpd30 to match - since this is my DD, I'm going to get a new front axle to work on while I drive on my original, then swap em out.

Hopefully!

Also, decision on gearing and axle was made... I went to the junkyard and as usual there were no 2.5L XJs. So I went to the Ford Exploder section and yanked an 8.8 with 4.10s out of a C4C vehicle. Now I just need to weld brackets and stuff onto it, get my SYE done (and probably now a custom driveshaft... sigh! add to the list!), and pick up and regear an hpd30 to match - since this is my DD, I'm going to get a new front axle to work on while I drive on my original, then swap em out.

very cool! i think that the week after winterfest i will be driving my XJ from Bloomington, IN out to Amherst, MA to visit some friends and wheel a little bit more! assuming i dont break anything lol

Back