• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Creation of Michigan

Scott Mac

NAXJA Member #10
NAXJA Member
Location
Dunedin, FL
Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days.

Eventually, Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.
He inquired of God,"Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards
through the clouds, "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put Life on it. I'm going to
call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?", inquired Michael, still confused. God explained, pointing to
different parts of earth, "For example, northern Europe will be a place
of great opportunity and wealth while southern Europe is going to be poor;
the Middle East over there will be a hot spot. Over here I've placed a
continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people,"

God continued, pointing to different countries. "This one will be
extremely hot and arid while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a large land
mass and said, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God. "That's Michigan, the most glorious place on earth.
You'll notice that it is made in the fashion of my hand, the Hand of God.
There are beautiful lakes, rivers, sunsets and rolling hills. The people
from
Michigan are going to be modest, intelligent and humorous and they are going
to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hard
working
and high achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats
and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration but then proclaimed, "What about
balance, God? You said there would be balance!"

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the idiots I'm putting around
them in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Canada."
 
I lived in Michigan for 1 year (my senior yr. in high school). All I remember was that it was cold, wet, and overcast(dark) all the time. Kinda got depressing...
 
Then I take it that Westminster isn't up in the mtns where the clouds roll in and dump a crapload of snow before you close the windows in your xj.
 
Well Scott, if you and any of your michigan counterparts knew how to read a map (or just read in general), you'd know Westminster isn't in the mountains :rolleyes:

Q. What does a seven course meal in Ann Arbor consist of?
A. A six pack and a possum!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. If two UM graduates jump off a cliff, which one hits the ground first?
A. Who cares!?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How did the UM student break his leg at the golf course?
A: He fell off the ball washer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: What do you get when you breed a groundhog and a UM Wolverine?
A: Six more weeks of bad football.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Did you hear that The Rolling Stones are playing at Michigan Stadium?
A: Yeah, they're 10-point favorites.
 
since we(chicagoans) have a protective wall of rednecks(indiana) isolating us from michiganders, we couldn't give a rats ass what they think....illini's must formulate their own opinion.......we don't speak for them.
 
OneTonXJ said:
Well Scott, if you and any of your michigan counterparts knew how to read a map (or just read in general), you'd know Westminster isn't in the mountains :rolleyes:

Q. What does a seven course meal in Ann Arbor consist of?
A. A six pack and a possum!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. If two UM graduates jump off a cliff, which one hits the ground first?
A. Who cares!?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: How did the UM student break his leg at the golf course?
A: He fell off the ball washer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: What do you get when you breed a groundhog and a UM Wolverine?
A: Six more weeks of bad football.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Did you hear that The Rolling Stones are playing at Michigan Stadium?
A: Yeah, they're 10-point favorites.

You miss quoted all of those jokes, they are supposed to refer to East Lansing and Michigan State.

And frankly I don't give a damn where Westminster is, it's been in the high 80s/low 90s and Sunny for the past week and a half.
And bikinis in convertables are on the streets.
 
Beezil said:
since we(chicagoans) have a protective wall of rednecks(indiana) isolating us from michiganders, we couldn't give a rats ass what they think....illini's must formulate their own opinion.......we don't speak for them.

So when is Chicago going to succede from Illinois and become it's own state? Or is Daly pushing for independence?
 
Ya MI looks a lot like the Watts Riots as of late my man..... I wouldnt say much if I was you! Benton Harbor ...lol

At least Daley keeps the trouble makers in check....sorta.
That stuff would have started and stopped in 2 hours chicago style ...tune ups issued to all trouble makers....

Boot to your MI face
Chewy
 
I thought Benton Harbor and St Joseph where Chicago suburbs.
Beezil almost had his wish come true.

WTF do you mean by tune up? Is that what you find in your crib?
 
we can weed out our own bad, benton harbor is a serious joke and I kind of think it's funny, what a bunch of freakin idiots.

Scott, U of M sucks, if you think MSU sucks, well then you suck too. :D Their school colors are 'corn and blue' - M go BLOW.

GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN,...

Chewy, if you weren't so freakin big, I tell you to f'ck off, but I won't

Sean, those were funny!!
 
I was there for a few years, an also got tired of the 200 days of overcast skies every year. (average in Grand Rapids)
I need to see the sun more than 1/3 of the year!:cool:
The hunting was awesome, though!:D
 
a "tune up" is what anyone from MI gets when put into the back of a squad car.............. you get tuned up and then you play better w/ other people....get it?

Chew...god bless the tune up, some need em....bacca
 
Fore Wheeler said:
we can weed out our own bad, benton harbor is a serious joke and I kind of think it's funny, what a bunch of freakin idiots.

Scott, U of M sucks, if you think MSU sucks, well then you suck too. :D Their school colors are 'corn and blue' - M go BLOW.

GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN, GREEN,...

Chewy, if you weren't so freakin big, I tell you to f'ck off, but I won't

Sean, those were funny!!

You're afraid of Chewy?

I should of figured as much from a State fan, ya wuss.
 
Funny thing, the last week in Indiana that weather has been the same as it has been up there in MI...in fact our weather is the same lot of time, except it gets lots colder up there in the winter time....

mac 'calling folks from Indiana rednecks, isn't an insult...just the truth' gyvr
 
OK we got people from Chicago and Dayton making fun of MI. Hmmm... Chicago: Slum low down smelly city, Caprini Green, No wheeling...'Nuff said!

Dayton, OH -wow just saying you're from Dayton makes you a step lower than Beezil saying he's from Chicago. Maybe when Cincinnati grows far enough north you can actually have something reputable to fall back on. Otherwise Dayton is just another Town along I75 with a 2nd rate college and a lot of traffic. Oh yeah no real wheeling there especially when OH is as flat as a pancake.

Indiana- Gary, Fort Wayne if you've been there you'd understand. But it is better than IL and OH because of the wheeling.

As for the whole college thing what's up with that? Yes MSU and UofM suck because people from Indiana, Illinios, and Ohio go there!
It's college, the time for beer and ummmmm.....


oh yeah higher edgamuccation.
 
There is a Starbucks and Dominicks kiddy corner of the projects! Go figure and people are buying $600,000 condos across the street from Cabrini.................

So yes it is being shipped to a suburb near you. We keep locking em up and sending them to the big house....something the city of Chicago cops couldnt do ;-)

Anyhow............ I thought Chicago liberal democrats loved diversity??? Funny how they seem to only want white yuppies living there?

Anyhow....
Chewy
PS: Scott Mac dont bite off more than you can chew my man,,,, we can settle this like men in Moab... "ive made a tape of what you said and......ahhhhh ...good we can play it at your funeral"
 
ChEwBaCcA said:
PS: Scott Mac dont bite off more than you can chew my man,,,, we can settle this like men in Moab... "ive made a tape of what you said and......ahhhhh ...good we can play it at your funeral"

do blaxja proud chewdog...:D

cheers,

jj
 
Back
Top