• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Brendamobile

OP to your "To Do" list. On the air what I plan to do on mine is use a power inverter large enough to run one of those small portable pancake style air compressors. Yea not as fast as a quality air compressor, or converting your AC to OBA, but for filling tires it'll work. Hell Ive busted lug nuts off with mine. It was very slow, but it did it non the less....

DelCity has build your own relay plugs. It's the block to plug the relay into, and terminals you crimp your own wire to. FWIW I use the prewired kind, and just disassemble the heavy current side and rebuild them with a heavier gauge wire if I want to use a heavier gauge on the high current side. Also you can find the H4 headlamp plugs at Advance Auto. You may have to ask for them at the counter though. At my local store they keep them back in the inventory stock.

Thanks for the heads up on Del City. I found that site when looking for the good open-barrel style terminals, but didn't see the individual relay blocks. I ended up doing just what you described, bought a relay w/ the mounting block & wiring pigtail included (which used 14 or 16 gauge wire), and re-wired the current carrying wires with 12 gauge. I'm still looking for some good quality H4 headlight sockets. I got 'high temp' ceramic ones from Daniel Stern Lighting & from Amazon and unfortunately both seem really fragile. I made them work for now but will have to look the into other options mentioned for something better.

Anyway, enough thread derailing. Sorry Darren! The Brendamobile is looking sweet and should be ready for winter with the new wheels & tires. :thumbup:

Well in the last few months I was transferred to Boise Idaho for work. Love this place so far.

uvu4e4ym.jpg

But the Brendamobile has needed some love for a while and a few trips between Woodland Washington and Boise haven't helped any. So I ordered some parts and it's time to get to work.

purasyqy.jpg

Right about now I'm wishing I would have done this a few months ago when I had a small shop, now I have a crowded two car garage. Oh and I need to get this done in 24 hours.

Wish me luck!

Good lookin rig, and I love the wheels you're running. Now I need to find a set of those. Are they called Icons? Just the stock cherokee 16" wheel right? Anyway like the rig, and your dedication to properly maintaining it.

Thanks man, yeah they're a factory XJ wheel, and I think they're called Silverstars.

Well I didn't make my 24 hour goal. This is where I left off today.

tybazaja.jpg

Now I'll have to hear my wife complain about driving the LJ. Hopefully it gets done in the next two days.

Back