• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thanksgiving run, who's going and what do you need to do?

T-minus seven days. :scared:

The Jeep is now mobile so I have faith it'll at least make it there. The question now is will it be ready for the trails? In the next week I need to...

-adjust caster
-check wheel base for square
-mount arb compressor
-plumb lockers (2nd day air'd some parts :fingscrossed: )
-fill co2 tank
-install front drive line (might be shortening a stocker myself if needed)
-re-wire power to CB
-mount new front shocks (only received one today!)
-fab new lower front shock mounts
-re-torque suspension

I hate deadlines.

T-minus seven days. :scared:

The Jeep is now mobile so I have faith it'll at least make it there. The question now is will it be ready for the trails? In the next week I need to...

-adjust caster
-check wheel base for square
-mount arb compressor
-plumb lockers (2nd day air'd some parts :fingscrossed: )
-fill co2 tank
-install front drive line (might be shortening a stocker myself if needed)
-re-wire power to CB
-mount new front shocks (only received one today!)
-fab new lower front shock mounts
-re-torque suspension

I hate deadlines.

Best get cracking.

Swapped out the Wrangler for the Cherokee to handle daily driving duties. Now I have a week to check things over before loading it on the trailer.

All I need is to make the steering box/track bar brace and steering box spacer which hopefully will get done tomorrow when I head over to bpb house. Hopefully Saturday I can install the nitro tubes also.

My list hasn't shrunk much in the last few weeks: :(
  • Find & Weld Header Leak
  • CB issues figured out
  • T-case skid
  • Shock Swap
  • Rock lights

And that's in order of importance.

Shit josh, your not the only one!

I still have leaf bushings, shackles, rear hitch, front & rear diff fluid/new covers, floor mats, and one tire to mount on mine. Plus cb work....

And on my brothers rig I have to make some 'modifications' to the new front bumper, install the winch, then install the bumper, finish the anti rock install (brackets on, just have to install the 'shaft' and arms/links) rebuild trackbar joint, floor mats, and tie up some loose ends under the hood.... And cb work :(

Gonna be busy this weekend, and early next week!

xj need the ballistic joint's tightened , again. The MJ, ohhhh hell. umm yeah. I hope I make it. my sleeper still isn't ready for the camping session either(re-supply/restock camp stuff)

feeling discouraged...
Bronze.

You will tighten those joints evey time you wheel it. Plan on it.

I have 10 Currie Johnnyjoints in my suspension, Never had to tighten any of them.. I grease them once a year and they are still in great shape

Albeit, they shouldn't wear out too quick if they spend 97.4% of their life in hover mode on jack stands :spin1:

Shit josh, your not the only one!

I still have leaf bushings, shackles, rear hitch, front & rear diff fluid/new covers, floor mats, and one tire to mount on mine. Plus cb work....

And on my brothers rig I have to make some 'modifications' to the new front bumper, install the winch, then install the bumper, finish the anti rock install (brackets on, just have to install the 'shaft' and arms/links) rebuild trackbar joint, floor mats, and tie up some loose ends under the hood.... And cb work :(

Gonna be busy this weekend, and early next week!

Installing those floor mats is going to take forever, you're never going to make the turkey day deadline!

Start it up... Put the front tires back on.

Maybe even put the Side glass back in.... Hmmmmm

O yeah lube up the new steering and ball joints...

Back