• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Testing my new setup in Tellico... pics!

Glad you all like it... I'm lovin it. Took it out for the first time here in Florida with the new setup last night. Did some baja runnin and some muddin. This thing gets DIRTY now with mud tires and no flares. Theres about 1" of mud on my hood and roof right now and I even managed to get the rear hatch dirty.

"Where's your bumper caps?" Huh, what are those for?

Someone asked about the rock rails, they are also from custom4x4fabrication.com. Really solid mounting system using the pinch welds and the frame rail and rear spring pocket.

The steering was fine before the lift and tires. It's just loose on the highway now, has a little play before it actuall starts to turn. I really haven't gotten around to checking it out but I will in a week once I finish my finals for school.

Very nice...
I've had my eyes on those tires for my next set, but probably 35s.

Some Qs:
Do your 34s actually measure 34?
What is your backspacing; do you like it?
Are you happy w/8" rims? Would they be good w/35s?

Thanks man

Do your 34s actually measure 34? About 33.5"

What is your backspacing; do you like it? 3.75, still rub a bit on the lower control arms and inner fender but I haven't adjusted the steering stops. I wouldn't go with any more backspacing though.

Are you happy w/8" rims? Would they be good w/35s? Yeah I can air down and not worry about breaking a bead as much, my spare is a brand new 35" actually.

Back