• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TDS

I remember in 97 98ish the big flood, every wash was 2-3 feet of Mud. Best desert trip of my life. Also areound that time was the 7 year locus swarm. Drove right into it, it was crazy.

YAnd with the location of TDS I'm not too worried about flash floods there.

Till Arroyo Salada starts flowing... as well as the few washes directly south of S-22 or if you're on the N. end and don't mind wait'n till the water recedes... In Aug. we had a 125 yr. flood, took out our main line in a few spots along Hwy 86 & that wasn't even a storm... just one cloud dumping... every wash from Travertine Pt. down past S-22 was in a flood stage... and it only rained for about 20 mins.

I'm not "worried", but it does need to be paid attention too... I see it as dust protection... OFTEN there is a threat of rain and we Desertbillys never see it... I'm hoping for some precip. for the dust factor... it might not though.
Sometimes the stuff from Baja hits us hard... should the storm wrap around the lower end of the Santa Rosas then there could be some rain... and none in the Coachella Valley.

The Mayor

A buddy rolled late Thurs. eve. off a 7ft. drop... fresh 2 door 2WD rebuild, off the trailer probably less than 10 miles on it... :bawl:

Both are OK... cage was a plus...

Too bad... so goes TDS Thursdays in Truckhaven... past 2 years have had roll overs.

The Mayor

Gonna be nice and wet out there! Been raining here all day so I'm sure it's soaked over there.

Okay guys I need some help.
I have a fuel leak and need an o ring for the fuel line that goes into the fuel pressure regulator.
I if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.
call john 4063219191

just got home. in our group all we had was a broken axle... we camped in Truckhaven... Soooooo many idiots in the "notches" on saturdat night... Saturday during the day someone was airlifted out from the notches.
Tds has turned into the equivilant of the Ontario street races after The Fast and The Furious came out.
Ive been going for almost 10 yrs... The notches aren't anything but 3-4 ft rollers now, people driving/riding through your camp, idiots rolling their rigs everywhere, trash all over the notches... shit is ridic!

Saturday during the day someone was airlifted out from the notches.

From what I heard there was an XJ that went over & pancaked... 3 folks were airlifted and one was sent "elsewhere"... to bad.

The crevices are stupid I swung by on the way back to camp... 15 mins. and some idiot rolled a Tundra onto what I believe was a cut up XJ... the XJ drove out from under it and it went further over... plenty of idiots for sure.

The Mayor

^and they knew each other, haha! I just got back late yesterday and had an absolute blast. Saw a rollover Thursday night near camp and the attempted recovery rolled as well. Grenaded my front gears on flat ground lol, I hope its just spider gears. Met Ben. Made fun of the morons rolling everywhere. No real rain but at times the amount of dust was harsh. Still glad I went and glad the rain scare kept a lot of people home. Our camp won the rzr and a package prize.
9ujera3y.jpg

^and they knew each other, haha! I just got back late yesterday and had an absolute blast. Saw a rollover Thursday night near camp and the attempted recovery rolled as well. Grenaded my front gears on flat ground lol, I hope its just spider gears. Met Ben. Made fun of the morons rolling everywhere. No real rain but at times the amount of dust was harsh. Still glad I went and glad the rain scare kept a lot of people home. Our camp won the rzr and a package prize.

Damn, I should have been hanging in your camp then, I didn't win anything. :bawl:

I had a good time though playing in the park on Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaDLl04hnhY&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8OPF8CQGg&feature=player_detailpage

I was there in a booth for work. The wind and dust Friday was just insane. Didn't break, roll, or damage anything I guess I wasn't trying hard enough.
One of the guys in our booth with us broke a tie rod in a JK on the pipe/rock deal in the playground, and another of our guy's blew(I think) the motor in his cj/buggy.
The notches were full of retards again(surprise surprise). The number of idiots I saw throwing trash and cans on the ground everywhere was just unbelievable.
I didn't win a damn thing in the raffle again......although I was standing right in front of the guy that won the polaris.

Back