• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tds 2011

Son of a B I hit those woops 10mins ago Fn fast! Ouch and I need a new jeep most likely now... Lol

LOL! Stay to the right...lol All those lights and You still couldn't see it coming? lol

Scott, maybe you should start drinking again, and then you wouldn't fall down like a drunk...

See you all out there tomorrow!! I wrote down the nameless entity's camp coord's. Hopefully we'll find each other!

Carol

It was a warm day... nice breeze... got my TDS swag... got kicked out of the new training/man made obsticles area...
Tone's hood was up in camp... still haven't seen it leave camp... :shhh: Jeeper John & son Dylan were thread'n in & out of the crevasse's... cops were walking in the crowd at the crevasse's ??
1-2 AM life flight was for a guy who didn't make the last foot or two at the top of a hill... rolled backwards end over end... pealed his face off... or so I hear... oooooor was it... the Black Helicopters mentioned above ???

Home at midnight.

Back out in the AM... Carol... you camped where you have in the past ??

The Mayor

Last edited:
Mr Mayor
How did you get KICKED out of anyplace in truck haven? You wants me to go and say something? You know i will and it won't be P C as you put it..

What's the verdict Tone, did you break anything?

Made it out there and back..Didn't break anything or dent much of the wifes jeep..OK drivers door and 1/4 panel,but it is a small kinda short , ok long dent..LOL..But i had no choice, she said go that way..
I said YES DEAR...
I saw carol but she didn't even look my way, SNOB..J/K

i saw carol as well. ran into another naxja member too SPXJ. got my first wheeling related break as well. snapped my rear CV joint on the obstacle course last night. ruined the driveshaft and the yoke on the axle. drove it all the way to el cajon in front wheel drive and now my UCA bushings hate me. already looking forward to next year!

I will have to say...... I think that was about the most fun I've ever had wheelin'.

Weather was PERFECT! Trail run was well organized. My buddy Mike won a raffle prize worth over 1300 bux!

Only NAXJA Member I saw was Robert K at his RawkHaus booth. Hope everybody else had as much fun as I did.

We had so much fun, we went back and ran the last 1/3 or so at 11:00 pm Sat. night. Then ran the first 2/3 again Sunday before we left.

Only damage I got was folding of the rear portion of the front right fender. I need to trim.....

Saw some folks, both times I went by the t&j booth they were out so didn't get to swap my part :(

Damage report:

Wheel weight letting the air out of my tire on a night run. Had to pry them off and air back up.

Rain gutter starting to come off body from the rack being to heavy.

And going in places I shouldn't have been but my locker pulled through :)

2687e013.jpg

Chicks dig body damage...

And I almost rolled it on a weird hill/cliff and had to grab a tow. :D

The bfg bajas are sweet in the washes and kinda bad crawling, was running about 10psi and they hold firm!

Last edited:
My first time at TDS/Truckhaven, thanks for finding me, Carol.
JeeperJohn led us on a nice run, and then really tore up the
"Notches", taking every angle. Nice wheeling.

Re: tds 2011 weather

Daily Details for
Salton City, CA
Saturday March 5, 2011

Daytime

Mostly Sunny High 70°F

Precip 10%

Wind: From N at 6 mph

Humidity: 38%

Nighttime

Partly Cloudy Low 44°F

Precip 0%

Wind: From W at 3 mph

Humidity: 45%

I got nice and burnt... 70* wasss a bit optimistic... I believe it was 82 or 3...
No matter I had a great time... missed some folks... just not enough time.

I rolled the bottom of my Dr. door a little (Thanks Parker) nothing too major...

Just happened to be at the Tr. Haven Trailer Park when ranger Paul came by... the St. Park service placed TONS of signs & boundary markers in the last couple weeks... the GOOD news is the trailer park was something that BOTH parks wanted to keep & let be in the OHV park as opposed to in the AB State Park where it would need to be removed. The signs are just a few yards away from the Tr. Park. The bad is there is no route/cut across from Big Wash in the N. to Grave Wash to the S. So if you're in the AB St. Park vehicular travel is limited to the wash, no hopping from one wash to the next... the other bad is there more signs than litter almost.

ANYWAYS !!! I had a great time... saw TONS of folks, missed quite a few too.

The Mayor

Had a great time out there. We sort of expected more folks to camp where Carol and I were, it ended up being just us, but we had a great time. I had my usual great time trying as many lines as I could in the notches. I was able to take some lines I never could before this time. I'm not sure if that was because of the jeep or if I just had a more can do attitude this time. Had a nice run on Sunday although I had a major brain cramp and tried a steep loose climb without engaging 4WD. This resluted in me almost rolling when I started sliding backward down the hill uncontrollably and went sideways. Luckily it was loose enough that I slid and the tires didn't catch or I just might have rolled. You can bet I will be checking my t-case lever before climbing any steep hills again. It was great seeing the folks who made it out there and I hope we can make another Truckhaven run before it gets too hot.

We had a great run with Carol, Dan and Jeeperjohn. I was able to make it up the hill at Street Sign with a little coaching from John. When we got to where the Phone Booth used to be, we spotted it down in the ravine and a bunch of guys decided to pull it up. Here's a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXg_PkpVeGQ

We had a great run with Carol, Dan and Jeeperjohn. I was able to make it up the hill at Street Sign with a little coaching from John. When we got to where the Phone Booth used to be, we spotted it down in the ravine and a bunch of guys decided to pull it up. Here's a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXg_PkpVeGQ

i was so bummed when i was told it was gone. :cheers:

Had a great time out there. We sort of expected more folks to camp where Carol and I were, it ended up being just us, but we had a great time. I had my usual great time trying as many lines as I could in the notches. I was able to take some lines I never could before this time. I'm not sure if that was because of the jeep or if I just had a more can do attitude this time. Had a nice run on Sunday although I had a major brain cramp and tried a steep loose climb without engaging 4WD. This resluted in me almost rolling when I started sliding backward down the hill uncontrollably and went sideways. Luckily it was loose enough that I slid and the tires didn't catch or I just might have rolled. You can bet I will be checking my t-case lever before climbing any steep hills again. It was great seeing the folks who made it out there and I hope we can make another Truckhaven run before it gets too hot.

im down for a truckhaven run.especially since i missed tds.i'l keep an eye out for it.

i had a fun time. went through some nasty stuff got some rocker damage and body damage above the rear drivers tail light and the bumper. later on in the notches my radiator cracked and i had to get towed back. my amazing gf drove me out one in the morning and swapped it out. took it on a beat run and heared a clunk from somewhere in the front. t-case, driveline, ujoints and 4x4 were all still in tact so we kept going n it stopped. then on the drive home right on the 86 where the traffic lights are we heared the clunk again and this time it was clunking the whole way home so i drove it n parked it n saw that the pinion seal is leaking. im scared to pull the diff cover off..... but other than that had a good weekend saw verry few naxja members than i ran into last year but was still a blast. i mounted my go pro camera right below my roof rack so when those vids r uploaded ill post them.

I have a good time there too. I got stuck at the Little Rubicon when picked the bad line ended up my rear wheel stucked between 2 boulders and it keep digging the dirt below (open rear diff) and my front axle gets high center on 1 side. I used my Durango and tow strap to yank it out.

PO20110306_0093.jpg

PO20110306_0096.jpg

PO20110306_0105.jpg

Saturday evening I went back to Cotote Canyon passing the water tunnel and some rockies area.

PO20110306_0130.jpg

PO20110306_0126.jpg

PO20110306_0145.jpg

Back