• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TAX RETURN

Pay off my $900 hyw speed racing ticket and new $287 right lane ticket. get in to an apt with the girlfriend, if there's any left SYE!!!!

I think I'll just keep making payments on the tickets.

OMFG you're soo cool!I wish I could "speed race" one day. :D

putting it straight in a locked savings account.

sick of blowing money on jeeps.

OMFG you're soo cool!I wish I could "speed race" one day. :D

Yeah it would have been real cool if I where maybe, I don't know SPEEDING! Just maybe. I got it for being pulled over for driving a Honda awhile back. Mouthing off the the officer. But that was after he pulled me from my car for being a punk. Riped my car apart, ruffed me up and gave me a hwy speeding ticket for 'skidding my tires' on a hwy ramp to ramp.

blasphemer!!!!

I have $6500 into my wheeling comanche.

Realistically, it's worth $4000.

being that I keep blowing d30 ujoints with the 35's on it, and anything less than 35's looks tiny, I need to blow another $2000 on fullsize axles to get the appropriate gearing and lockers.

that said, I really don't want to invest $2000 more into it...when it's realistically going to make the truck only worth maybe $500 more.

so, my solution is to sell all 8 of my 35" mud terrains for $1000, sell my 6.5" springs, buy a set of 33's, build longarms, belly skid, and boatside it...all of which will cost me nothing (have the steel already). putting it back down to 4.5" (which I already have the parts for)

then I just have to truss and build the axles I have now, and I have a truck that has 4" up travel, 8" down travel, fenders are already cut to fit 35's...so 33's @ 4.5" will flex ALOT.

basically, it's time to lower the investment in the thing, because it's really not worth the investment I have in it already. no blasphemy here...just the truth.

mine just shipped tuesday.

jd2 tube benders are GREAT...let us know how you like it. I got to use one, but could easily see purchasing one...

Yeah it would have been real cool if I where maybe, I don't know SPEEDING! Just maybe. I got it for being pulled over for driving a Honda awhile back. Mouthing off the the officer. But that was after he pulled me from my car for being a punk. Riped my car apart, ruffed me up and gave me a hwy speeding ticket for 'skidding my tires' on a hwy ramp to ramp.
speed racing ticket

redheep-1.jpg

d35 locked isnt that bad i cant afford d44 it will be awhile before that happens its a work in progress but a locker and tires is a big plus for me

either gears and 35's (pending the 8.8 install in work at the moment) OR JCR stage 3 front bumper and Detours' Tailbone. Awful tired of not having much space with a 31 fullsize spare and the subs during trail days.

d35 locked isnt that bad i cant afford d44 it will be awhile before that happens its a work in progress but a locker and tires is a big plus for me
yes the d35 locked is that bad lock the front instead itsa stronger axle than the d35

Glad to hear you're moving forward with your Jeep build, but I'd advise against adding a strong Traction Aiding Device in a Dana 35 rear axle. That has not ended well since 1985.

-----Matt-----

yes the d35 locked is that bad lock the front instead itsa stronger axle than the d35

Glad to hear you're moving forward with your Jeep build, but I'd advise against adding a strong Traction Aiding Device in a Dana 35 rear axle. That has not ended well since 1985.

-----Matt-----

Let's face it they're both weak axles. My non c-clip 35 from my 88 had a locker and never had a problem with it. 31's and 4.10's. My D30 with the locker grenades u joints every time I go out so I'm not sure if either is better than the other. I say invest in a stronger rear and put the locker in there where it belongs.
As for tax money, I don't use the government as a savings account so I try and get it as close to "0" as possible so I can use MY money during the year as needed.

As for tax money, I don't use the government as a savings account so I try and get it as close to "0" as possible so I can use MY money during the year as needed.
I have the hardest time saving money! Getting shorted a little here and there to get a hand full of money right around my b-day works good for me to buy my self something nice! Wheels and tires... Big things that cost alot all at once.

That and if one year I got 0, and had to pay.... I would be one pissed off SOB!!!!! Work all year so I can pay more...

Back