• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TailBone by Detours Announcement:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detour

www.Detoursusa.com
To be clear, this message concerns our 'TailBone' carrier/recovery system.

100_3062Larry.jpg

This message 'Does Not' effect Existing/Outstanding orders.

Due to the back-log of TailBone orders on file, I've decided to suspend sales of the TailBone System on or about August 5th. While it's a wildy popular item, there are simply too many orders on file causing exstensive wait times and now creating extended wait times on our other products. Since other products are now being effected, something needs to give. I've recently gone through the whole interview, employee search process only to come up empty resulting in more lost production time. My 6.5-7 day a week work schedule attemting to constantly catch up, has created other issue's we dont need to discuss.

The TailBone is a farely exstensive fabrication, in it's current form it requires '44' different pieces of steel to create and '7' contibuting vendors, just keeping the incoming parts from the vendors aligned and working within 'there time frames can be a full time job....

On the positive side, I don't have a single complaint brought to my attention other than lead times after 2.5 years of production, everyone seems to really like the product, the supportive emails and phone calls have been great, thankyou.

In closing once caught up, which I'd like to be by the end of August, I will then decide on the fate of the carrier system. I strongly feel it's production could be handled much better by a larger shop or company, if you're a vendor with manufacturing capacity reading this, we should talk, feel free to contact me. If you have a Detours gift certificate won at a NAXJA event, I will certainly honor it, Detours is'nt going anywhere.....just regrouping.

Again, this announcement Does Not effect existing orders.

I will be out of the shop from the 21st through the 25th, it's been 14 months since I looked in on my folks, it's time I took a few days to do so.

Thankyou for reading, pass it around, and Thankyou for your continued support!!

Mark

Good luck on the catching up man. My tailbone is still going strong with a 35" tire after two years! It even held up to me getting rear-ended on an icy downhill trail by a TJ haha.

So, this would be a bad time to ask if there are plans for a zj setup?...lol

1st off to those who own it, Thankyou and after you've had it in your hands, you see whats involved......Thanks for the continued fine words!

ZJ/WJ......It's 'all' do-able.......knowing what I know, it's all feasible...........along with other items. Not being near a large population when considering our relocation, has put me in a bind for talent/labor.......Hindsight is 20/20........

thats depressing... i have a backbone on my waggy and was gonna get a tailbone... :/

Off topic: How can I talk you into doing something to add a tire carrier onto my existing slimline bumper?

Thanks
jason

Off topic: How can I talk you into doing something to add a tire carrier onto my existing slimline bumper?

Thanks
jason

Jason,

I have successfully created a carrier for another individual as an after thought or add on, theres welding involved.
I may have a simpler solution if you'd like to email me, I'll share some pic's with you.

Mark/Detours Llc.

Here's the vid I mentioned above

http://youtu.be/od6hqlvQ2fI?hd=1

Going down a hill at Rausch Creek in the snow and none of us really realized the trail was solid ice. I was just screwing around in 2wd spinning the tires before I found myself sliding out of control down the hill. Luckily I stopped before I hit the truck in front of me. If you watch the vid, you'll see me stopped, then slightly move forward, then hear a bang. That's a TJ me slamming into the back of me when he couldnt sliding down the hill. I had taken the tire mount off of my tailbone, but left the swingarm on and it took the full force of the impact with absolutely no damage. Thing is beef.

Last edited:
I love my tailbone! I have had no issues with it at all and I honestly believe there isnt a better looking and nicer bumper out there right now. Mark I wish you the best of luck but I hope to see you bring this bumper back as I love it and I know anyone that has it loves it and I think anyone that gets one will also love it.

If and when you do bring it back Mark I have made a few mods to mine to mount a hi lift jack to it and also a small mod to stabilize the rear tire when I am offroading.

Again a great bumper and I love it.
My best wishes to you Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back