• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye help

yea, no need for a drop if you have an sye. as for the bolts, you can probably reuse them.

did you look at the front driveshaft? it should have 4 threaded holes that line up with the 4 holes in the yoke for the SYE. use bolts, there is no other way.

Will someone post a pic of their cross member brace with an Sye done, cause I still have about a 1/2 gap where the bolts don't go all the way in....... The rubber piece in the middle under the tcase is supposed to stay in right??

Will someone post a pic of their cross member brace with an Sye done, cause I still have about a 1/2 gap where the bolts don't go all the way in....... The rubber piece in the middle under the tcase is supposed to stay in right??

I will take a pic in a few minutes for ya... I have an AA full SYE with a front shaft and no t-case drop.

FWIW I put shorter bolts back in the cross member when all was said and done.

yea, you have to change your pinion angle with a double cardain driveshaft

And another thing, my 8.25 yoke only has a lip on one side, I noticed it after I blew a unjointed out on the road, is it only supposed to have one lip on one side or one on each side? Every one of them I've seen has a lip on each side

It should have a lip on both sides.
A 4* shim is probably pretty close to what you need, measuring is best.

aefc6276-9210-4b0d.jpg

I took my front turned it around fro the rear, dana strap kit at the pumpkins, 5/16 x 1.25 grade 8 for the tcase end both rear & front. And yep Dex4 in the Tcase.

they didnt have dex 4 so i had to use atf......and since ive tightened up the ujoint in the back and put it back in its place, the vibrations have gone down alot.......still a small vibration but its a worlds difference from what it used to be

you bolted on the u joint on top of the pinion yoke tabs? How did you not notice? LOL

Back