• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake annual run, Aug 8-10

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who's up for a Swamp Lake run this year? Drive in and spend Fri and Sat nights at the lake, drive out Sunday.

Swamp Lake is near Shaver Lake, about an hour east of Fresno. It's a 14 mile moderate rock crawling trail with great scenery and a very good camping spot right at the edge of Grouse Lake, about halfway through the trail.

Oooo, I haven't done Swamp in years. Do they still put on the High Sierra Poker run? We might be up there doing Coyote around that time.....hmmm-------Hans

Im in!

Working on it!

Last year was fun:
Almost5.jpg

Andy.jpg

Jes.jpg

karstic said:
Dang, definitely out.

already took home the big prize? :gag:

SharkXJ said:
On 30's it will be a very llloooooooooonnnnngggggg day.
That's encouraging, thanks. Is it that good. Long for me, or everyone else.

I guess instead of making this trip I'll try to invest in some armor, locker/s, and get ready for 33's.

I loved it. Was there last Sept. but was in my YJ. I'm originally from Yosemite, well Mariposa, cause no one knows where Mariposa is. LoL.... and if I can ever figure out how to load an image, I'd prove it.... :looney:

Letterman said:
Working on it!

Last year was fun:
Almost5.jpg

Andy.jpg

Jes.jpg

Very fun. Might be able to make it this year as well. But I would get there Friday night or early Sat. morning. Don't know yet. As time gets closer I should be able to find out.

I know some of the Bakersfield folks will be there again this year. This will be my only trip of the summer, so I'm really looking forward to it.

could i make it on 31's with alotta flex...

blondejoncherokee said:
could i make it on 31's with alotta flex...

Don't quote me on this however - I did Swamp last year on 33's and I was still scraping. I would say 31's would be ok if you has at least one locker. Open / Open and 31's could be a long bumpy day.

Come on out - dust off your jeep, head off into the sierra's, hang out, go wheeling...

Anyone else interested?

Back