• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid stroker questions

Yes I'm bringing back the best thread ever...

I need to order a Power steering pump from PSC to give my PSC Hydro kit the juice it needs.
They only sell a 91-96 ps pump kit.
I want to run a

99+ intake.
7120 head.
Renix engine.

Where exactly does this come into play? the head?
I'm currently running a renix and I want to make 1 trip before the stroker swap. What do I need to do? Is this going to be the snag that keeps me from my trip? :(

The 96+ ps setup bolts right onto the 99+ manifold. I made the 99+ mani work with the 94 ps setup, but redid the tensioner so that it pulled from the opposite direction(drilled hole on opposite side and used some nuts as washers) and ended up using a larger belt than stock. That kit is most likely a 91-95(96 confuses everybody cause a lot changed, but not on the outside).

Damn I suppose I'll have to wait and see then since the PSC brackets are going to be way different. I dont want to mod them to fit the renix if I'm just going to do it again for the 99+.

Are these the right pistons for this recipe? Just want to make sure

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STL-H825CP/

4.6L Low-buck stroker

Jeep 4.2L 3.895" stroke crank
Jeep 4.2L 5.875" rods
Speed Pro H825CP +0.030" bore pistons
9.6:1 CR
CompCams #68-231-4 206/214 degree camshaft
Ported HO 1.91"/1.50" cylinder head
Mopar/Victor 0.043" head gasket
0.081" quench height
Ford 24lb/hr injectors with adjustable FPR or MAP adjuster for '87-'95 engines, Ford 24lb/hr injectors with stock 49psi FPR for '96 and later engines
264hp @ 4900rpm, 324lbft @ 3500rpm

Glad I asked Thanks man :D

Are you running good roller rockers? the ones on summit are 339 if I don't need to blow it I don't want to.

Ive got a list of all my parts and I'm looking at 1.6k (about 700$ for the block parts rest is all top end and misc crap)

I don't have RRs. If the head ever has to come off, I'll use the thinner VR head gasket, new arp bolts, and Yella Terra N/A 1.6s.

Back