• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strawberry Pass Run - Wed July 21

can i join the convoy?? im pretty sure i can make this trip. Im in Cameron Park so i can meet you at the park in ride in shingle springs right off the freeway.. Or do you guys wanna meet somewhere early for breakfast?

Sure. There seems to be a lot of interest in getting a convoy up the mountain from the Sacramento area so I guess I/we need to figure something out.

I would not mind getting a bite to eat before I head up the hill. Anyone know of a place to eat in Placerville or off SlyPark road?

We can eat and gas up before heading up.

Josh

Sure. There seems to be a lot of interest in getting a convoy up the mountain from the Sacramento area so I guess I/we need to figure something out.

I would not mind getting a bite to eat before I head up the hill. Anyone know of a place to eat in Placerville or off SlyPark road?

We can eat and gas up before heading up.

Josh

cool sounds good!

well there is dennys in cameron park
apple cafe in camino
mels in placerville

wat kind of breakfast are you looking for?

I would like to meet somewhere that is easy to find right off the freeway and near a gas station to top off. I am still planning on getting to the trailhead at least half an hour early to make sure I am there for our friends on the other side of the Sierra.

I would prefer Placerville or Pollock Pines to top off and eat. We would need to leave Placerville by 9am to get to the trailhead early. Maybe meet for breakfast around 8am depending on the location.

Josh

I would like to meet somewhere that is easy to find right off the freeway and near a gas station to top off. I am still planning on getting to the trailhead at least half an hour early to make sure I am there for our friends on the other side of the Sierra.

I would prefer Placerville or Pollock Pines to top off and eat. We would need to leave Placerville by 9am to get to the trailhead early. Maybe meet for breakfast around 8am depending on the location.

Josh

well Mels in P-ville isnt too bad. Its located right on Main Street. There is a SHell gas station right across the street. Or apple cafe is in camino but the gas station is up the road

We will be meeting off of Highway 50 at mile marker 42. This is between the towns of [/FONT]Kyburz and Strawberry, Kyburz being the last town you will go through.

Although I believe you can gas up in Kyburz i would not count on it and I would fill up in Placerville. There is also a gas station after the trail on our way to camp.

There's the Silver Fork fuel station on the south side of hwy 50 just before Kyburz if ya like, otherwise, avoid that god-awful off-ramp at Broadway in pville and get off one exit up at Schnell School, make a 2 rights onto Broadway and there's Valero and a VP Racing stations right next to Save Mart. Hopefully my rig will be finished by then so I can make it up for a day and join everyone on the Strawberry pass run!

as far as breakfast goes, Naughty Pine Kitchen in Pollock Pines has gooooood breakfast and is just up the street from Crystal View Shell, also near a couple parts stores for last minute necessities.

Last edited:
Well this is now only nine days away.

Anyone who wants to caravan up with me I am leaning toward McDonald's in Placerville. Cheap and quick on the go.

I will be there around 8:30. It looks like there is gas and a Starbucks nearby.

Address is 1200 Broadway in Placerville.

Josh

Less than a week to go! Make sure your name is on the list and I will make sure you are at the trail head before we leave.

Please add or remove your name from the list

Rocknxj
EricsXJ
Tayman
SrMitchell
connor0770
Jeep450r

Less than a week to go! Make sure your name is on the list and I will make sure you are at the trail head before we leave.

Rocknxj
EricsXJ
Tayman
SrMitchell
connor0770
Jeep450r

As long as I don't break anything before this run, I will be there for sure.

I will see you there! Looks like I'll be heading up tuesday night, so I'll probably be asleep in the heep at the trailhead when y'all roll up.

The plan is to meet at the trailhead on Highway 50. I figured this was the best option sense everyone is coming from different directions.

does "trailhead" mean the day use area? or like further down the graded road? I'm asking so I know where to crash tuesday night.

Rocknxj
EricsXJ
Tayman
SrMitchell
connor0770
Jeep450r

Yep, I'll be there. Packing my tools and parts now.

Yeah the day use area right off highway 50.

See you there.
Josh

sounds good. just hit the throttle real good and slam the doors if I'm not already awake. ;)

Rocknxj
EricsXJ
Tayman
SrMitchell
connor0770

Im out, it is too long of a drive from where I am (Lake Alpine).
Ill be at barney Riley though

so i might leave work early and just run strawaberry and go back to work on thurs.
norcalchris might go.
anyone else want to head up later?
like 2pm?

Back