• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock 15x8 JEEP wheels, how many styles have there been?

MJR said:
Oh and its called a TJ-L not LJ (Wrangler Unlimited).
They should have called it a TJ-8 since it's closest open top "wheelbase" relative is the CJ-8 Scrambler. :D
I too sometimes refer to it as an LJ for 'long Jeep'. :wierd:

JEEPZZ said:
They should have called it a TJ-8 since it's closest open top "wheelbase" relative is the CJ-8 Scrambler. :D
I too sometimes refer to it as an LJ for 'long Jeep'. :wierd:

Well since Daimler got in the picture all the usual *J names are going away like WK or TK which kinda sucks.

Those are indeed the 15x7 wheels. If you notice on the wheel diagram a few posts back, the correct measurement for width is taken from the inside of the bead area on the rim. If measured outside-to-outside of rim, they are probably close to 8". I think that is why a lot of sellers mistakenly put 8". Of course, they may be devious.

HI my name Orlando, By any chance you can help me with my jeep cherokee 1997 XJ. I have a code that said P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Malfunction and it also blowing fuse 11a (20 amp) which is start/run/daytime light. Can you help me.

THanks

seymouj said:
According to this thread, these are not 15X8 right?

ebay auction

They are the ZJ canyon look alikes and are 15X7? If so, I see these sold as 15X8 all the time.

Like 00xjsebb said they look like the 15x7" ones (they have the darker gray color inbetween the spokes). It's not hard to look at the wheel and tell since on the backside in the casting is the wheel dimension.

Ok
So on a '90 with the "5 wide spokes"
http://www.wheelcollision.com/wccpix/1512.JPG
The backspace is 5.25"?

I ask as I have just starter building one, and was kinda hoping to get away with keeping the stock wheels.

It'll have a 3.5RE Superflex shortly.
Looking at
30x9.5
31x10.5
33x10.5
or
34x9.5
Right now it has new 30x9.5 Dominator Sport A/T's on it that I may swap across to my '98 which has Yoko Geolander AT+2's in 31x10.5 on it. The 98 is becoming my DD/Tow rig with a 3.5RE Superride on it now, and the 90 is going to eventually be a trail rig only.
Thanks

Theres these too

(sorry, best pic I have)

came off a 98 cherokee, there are charcoal colored ones too.

IM000511%20(Small).JPG

Back