• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STEERING RECOMENDATIONS

How much lift do you run blubullet? The steeper the angle the worse the roll will be. When the jeep still had 7.5" re springs, the dead spot was pretty bad. With the Dana 44 I run heims with a separate drag link and tie rod and there is no comparison to how much better it drives.

About 4". 3.5 RE springs with a 3/4 spacer. No drop pitman arm. I do have some bumpsteer but it isn't bad. I should probably look at my angles. I do agree that it is a compromised setup and the JCR spacer is a bandaid but for me it is a bandaid that works great.

831 XJ, I see what you mean about hole size. I did not know how to tell the difference beween the high angle and standard. After throwing an angle finder on the studs it looks like the pitman arm end goes to around 29 degrees while the passenger side end only goes to about 23.

FYI, Synergy Mfg will be releasing a HD steering setup next month. I have no experience with it. I'm currently happy with my Currie setup, except it's a bitch to grease the draglink TRE.

http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-J...y-Duty-Steering-Kit-p-30968.html#.VTJgbMllCEk

That looks like the answer right there but holy god 550$ plus shipping. Not gonna be a great seller with the xj market. We are cheap bastards. My currie setup i bought used from a fellow member for less than 200$ and have been running it for two years. Still as tight as when i got it. I grease the hell out of it before every run and randomly when not wheeling.

Last edited:
Meh. Steering is one of those things I'm. Not willing to go cheap on. 600$, while not nothing, is a relatively small amount considering the role it plays.

But then I have a complete currie steering kit as a trail spare and I run the Savvy ultimate tie-rod.

I'd consider the the new Synergy setup. But, I do not have that kind of money right meow. Poly is basically down the street from me, and I know a few guys that work there. Maybe I should ask them if I could test out a set.. Haha.

Synergy makes good stuff. I have no doubt their quality will be high.

I'd like to see one in person before Id reccomend it over currie.

Probably going to be buying Currie for the MJ soon.

Back