• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starboard M builds a Cafe Racer

I like the concept of the R6 above but not the execution. The brakeless front wheel and forward controls is pretty cool tho!

I like the principle of that bike as well, but the end result looks less than stellar. Its kind of a modern "cafe racer/street fighter", and Im starting to dig that style. I considered taking the front brakes off, but then I realized I wanted to live, and decided to upgrade them instead.

Thanks for the comments guys. Got delayed yesterday by the rain, but hopefully tonight Ill get the rear wheel back on. Then I can see how it all looks.

Anyone want to help me tune the bike on Sunday? Ive never done it before, and you apparently also need a fan to cool the bike down. Which I also dont have, or a place to plug it in.

I think Im going to hold off on the exhaust wrap until I get a 4-1, and then wrap it. Look at how good the exhaust wrap looks though....
3164296293_e290b261e2_o.jpg-182beb7.jpeg

Oh, is this not the FOTD thread? :twak:

Anyway, got the rear tire back on, and fixed the seat a little bit better. My integration of the tail light into it sucked, so Im thinking about redoing it. But I think for now it will work.

Also painted the front fender, but I got run off by the rain before I could do anything else.

My parts that were supposed to get here yesterday did not come, so I can move forward with my brakes or tuning the bike. :tear:
Tomorrow I think Ill go price out a 100' extension cord and a cheap fan from Home Depot and see if I cant run the cord out my 3rd story apartment into the parking lot below and tune the bike here.

Dont you love it when youre doing looking for pictures of how people do things, and you find a thread full of awesome bikes and awesome women?

Regarding my failure of a brake light, I tucked it into the seat, but my inabilty to do any sort of fabric work over it makes it look like shit. So Im considering mounting the light off the license plate mount. Similar to this. But with my fat ass on the bike, and on a bike that costs a lot less.
chopper-girl-wearing_460x0w.jpg

See that light off the side?

So Im looking on ebay, and can only find $100+ lights for harleys that are that style.
eBayISAPI.dll

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHOP...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ba1590de

I think Ill just mount my $20 LED light off of the mount and call it good if the seat mounted version doesnt.

Dont you love it when youre doing looking for pictures of how people do things, and you find a thread full of awesome bikes and awesome women?

Regarding my failure of a brake light, I tucked it into the seat, but my inabilty to do any sort of fabric work over it makes it look like shit. So Im considering mounting the light off the license plate mount. Similar to this. But with my fat ass on the bike, and on a bike that costs a lot less.
chopper-girl-wearing_460x0w.jpg

See that light off the side?

So Im looking on ebay, and can only find $100+ lights for harleys that are that style.
eBayISAPI.dll

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHOP...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ba1590de

I think Ill just mount my $20 LED light off of the mount and call it good if the seat mounted version doesnt.
uh,.....what were we talkin about?....

Wait were there bikes in those pics?

Got my battery mount made, ran some wires, and got the seat on. Right now the seat is just sitting there, with no nuts holding it on, but it seems pretty tight. Put the front fender back on, and it looks a lot better flat black than it goes chrome, but I dont know how long it will stay. Or Ill cut it down.

48405a57.jpg

771f467d.jpg

62fef3a8.jpg

Now its a waiting game for my brake lines, and parts so I can tune the bike. Then I can ride the dang thing.

Get the pipes thermal coated black.

h22header2s.jpg
I dont want to dump money into the stock exhaust. Once I get a 4-1 pipe (what you posted) I will wrap it, and paint it black.

I look forward to dumping the crummy looking pipes, dropping ~20lbs, and making the bike look better. But, that will have to wait.

I realized I had posted this bike earlier in the thread, and then completely forgot about it. Looks similar to my bike....
1.jpg

Im liking the fairing/windshield on this Harley. Good way to hide some gauges and make a clean transaction
user15804_pic1449_1282156732.jpg

I ummm, like the ummm, yeah...
DSC_0102-800.jpg

Loooooooowwwwww. Those pesky Japs and their Brat style is rubbing off on me
blackbrat.jpg

Love the tank art, and almost makes me want to build a hartail. And then I drove around and realized how shitty the roads here are.
4575768228_306c617fe2_b.jpg

These are some of the lights I was considering, but again, lots of money for headlghts, and I dont know how well they would look on my bike
yellowarrows.jpg

I got brake parts, and a carb sync tool today, only to be greated by a thunder storm. Also found that my tach gear didnt come, even though it was supposed too.

4575768228_306c617fe2_b.jpg

These are some of the lights I was considering, but again, lots of money for headlghts, and I dont know how well they would look on my bike
yellowarrows.jpg
First off I LOVE the style of the top bike. SOOOOO sick.
and the lower pic is one of the only ways a SV looks great :thumbup:

Uh...... Harley?
Yeah.... Harley....:eyes:
user15804_pic1449_12821567322.jpg

I found it on a Harley site, and didnt even look at what the tank said. Excuse me, Triumph! I love the windshield/fairing on the TRIUMPH!

First off I LOVE the style of the top bike. SOOOOO sick.
and the lower pic is one of the only ways a SV looks great :thumbup:
I found a picture of the profile of the hardtail, and the rake was horrible. Other than that, it was a very nice looking bike.

I love SV's once they ditch the plastics, and ditch the monster single headlight. That bike has a single swing arm too, kinda cool.
I almost purchased a SV instead of my GS, but people wanted way to much for a 6 year old bikes.

Damn. I figured it would have a sport bike like rake on the front end. That sucks.

SV's can look really cool. Gixxer 1000 front end swaps no plastics and dual headlights make em groovy. I like the look of the offset sized lights as well as same sized lights. Just not single lights. And who doesn't love a single side swing arm. :dunno:

Damn. I figured it would have a sport bike like rake on the front end. That sucks.

SV's can look really cool. Gixxer 1000 front end swaps no plastics and dual headlights make em groovy. I like the look of the offset sized lights as well as same sized lights. Just not single lights. And who doesn't love a single side swing arm. :dunno:
Not the worse looking front end, but IMO the rake just kills the look.
4723143510_9eb52c5b62.jpg

Called the company that I bought the tach gear from, and all they could tell me was I was supposed to get two items (carb sync and gear) in one box. So, they are shipping me another one, but it will take them 6+ days to get it to me, even though my original order took them 3 days. I dont quite understand how that all works out.

Im going to try and tune the bike to what I think is the right rpm, and call it good enough for now. Ill do a better tune later once I actually get that gear.

Awesome video, found that a couple months ago on one of the cafe websites. I dare say it started making me into a minimalist when it came to bikes.

Got all my brake lines made up today. Girlfriend was being a bitch and wouldnt help me bleed them, so I got to bleed them myself. PITA, but actually doable on a bike.

However, the front master will not build pressure. For some reason I dont think its getting fluid into the lines. No leaks, full of fluid, and only a bit of bubbles coming up. Anyone have ideas?

Back