• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Square Tubing Inserts

caglezxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know alot of people like to run square tubing for there long arms, and rear coil conversions. I was thinking about making square tubing inserts, with different thread sizes, left and right hand threads. Would anyone else be interested in these. Tubing size would be 1.5" .250 wall and 2" .250 wall. I am making some for myself and while I have the lathe and mill set up I am going to make a few extra.

It will, I had a couple pm's last night. I am going to make some, when they are done I will let everyone know. What thread size would you like?

I have a few made up. Looks like they will be 14.00 a piece for now. They fit snug into a piece of 2" .250 wall square tubing.

224680977.jpg

224680958.jpg

224680926.jpg

Sizes right now. More to come when tooling arrives.

1" - 14 Right and Left
7/8 - 14 Right tooling should be here in a few days for the lefts hand taps.
3/4 - 16 Right and Left

I will carry the 1 1/4 for the larger johnny joints later on.

Price: 14.00 each for any size.

I can be paid through paypal as well.

Last edited:
Have you priced the regular round tube inserts? For the heavy duty ones. They cost more. The square takes more time than the round ones. You have to relieve the edges for it to fit into the square tubing. The inside of square tubing is not square. so the 4 corners has to be milled, and then the front has to be cut down for the jam nut. I guess this is why no one makes them. But they slide in nicely and will cut down your build time.

Last edited:
Gaius said:
Damn, if I just didn't buy 2 round inserts, for 15.00 ea.

Thanks for doing this. I'll need them for my fronts. :)

Thanks for your post, a lot of people thinks 14.00 is bad for these. I thought it was good. What size do you use? Also I will have them on my website pretty soon.

Maybe it has been a while since i bought some...They are nice and i can see how much more work they take. When i get ready to redo my arms i will get in touch with you.

caglezxj said:
Thanks for your post, a lot of people thinks 14.00 is bad for these. I thought it was good. What size do you use? Also I will have them on my website pretty soon.

Naw, 14.00 is fine as long as it's not another 15.00 for shipping.

I need the larger, right hand thread 1.25 12 pt.

kerndogg said:
Maybe it has been a while since i bought some...They are nice and i can see how much more work they take. When i get ready to redo my arms i will get in touch with you.

Thank you, if you don't look into the work of it you really would not see the cost. but material is 10.40 a foot alone and you get about 7 pieces out of that. Then add the machining and tooling that it requires, it cost. The reason I started making these is cause no one else had them. I will be running square tube 4 links in the rear.

Gaius said:
Naw, 14.00 is fine as long as it's not another 15.00 for shipping.

I need the larger, right hand thread 1.25 12 pt.

I will mail using usps flate rate packaging should be around 10.00 or less depending on how many you get. Let me know when you will need them, just send me a pm and I will get them ready for you. I have everything blanked out and ready for your size.

they are made out of solid 1.5 square stock . Cold roll I believe, it was what they said would be the best for cutting and tapping.

good idea, ive seen some out there on the market but the quality was lacking, but yours seem to be well made, i will be ordering some from you here shortly.

Back