• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sprintex / Boostec Supercharger Install

Wait. What?

You two are trying to run before you can walk.
Also, I would appreciate if you didn't quote me out of context.

That's the whole point of the Sprintex kit. The stock ecu handles the engine management when out of boost and the AEM kicks in when it goes into boost and does its thing (stock ecu goes into open loop mode).

You paid good money... ...box of parts for very little money (essentially what I have)... ...paid allot of money...

You don't know me. You don't know if I work at the corner store, on the dole or won the lottery. You don't have to worry about how much I spend or what I spend it on.

...NOT doing Rick's job...

I don't do anyone's work, I do my own.

...by trying to get it to run.

It does run, but I want it to run better. I want to do that, I can do that and I will do that.

...bought a box of parts...what I have...

A box of parts, that's it? And that makes you an expert on the topic.

...bought a box of parts... ...a complete kit.

Your definition of a lot or a little bit of money is different than mine.
What you see in a box of parts or a complete kit is different than mine.
Your idea of plug and play is different than mine.

So if you don't like or agree with someone else's thoughts or ideas, you bully them.

The BEST timing and fuel management is being sorted out. Only a fool would attempt boost without paying attention to fuel and ignition issues.

My definition of money is based on the following words of wisdom passed onto me by my oldschool Polish neighbor - "Even stupid people know how to spend money".

I'm NOT implying you're stupid, but I would say that paying 4k for a supercharger that doesn't run boost out-the-box for a Jeep that's worth ~2-3k won't win you the Nobel Prize in Economics.

My definition of money is based on the following words of wisdom passed onto me by my oldschool Polish neighbor - "Even stupid people know how to spend money".

I'm NOT implying you're stupid, but I would say that paying 4k for a supercharger that doesn't run boost out-the-box for a Jeep that's worth ~2-3k won't win you the Nobel Prize in Economics.

Didn't pay 4k for the kit. This isn't the first time someone has paid more for upgrades than they did for their Cherokee.

We are doing these mods for one reason and one reason only. BECAUSE WE CAN!!!!!

Now, please refrain from posting on this thread unless you have valuable/useful technical information to contribute.

Last edited:
Ok, let's be "technical".

You guys have access to inexpensive dynos; your father said so himself (or are you the father - I can't tell which of you is which). 1) Install this kit, as-is, with the 7th injector and supplied tune (since you claim it runs well). 2) Dyno the results. 3) Make all the changes you have in mind. 4) Dyno again to compare your progress and the value of your upgrades.

I think most would agree that's the most logical course of action.

Ok, let's be "technical".

You guys have access to inexpensive dynos; your father said so himself (or are you the father - I can't tell which of you is which). 1) Install this kit, as-is, with the 7th injector and supplied tune (since you claim it runs well). 2) Dyno the results. 3) Make all the changes you have in mind. 4) Dyno again to compare your progress and the value of your upgrades.

I think most would agree that's the most logical course of action.

1. All the hardware is already installed.

1. (cont) It runs well BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING INTO BOOST!!!

2. 3. 4.If you actually read what we posted, you would know that WE DO NOT HAVE A TUNE!!!!!! Nor do we have the AEM wired in since we were going back and forth with whether we wanted to use it or not (strongly leaning towards using it).

4. (cont) As for the "value" of my upgrades... If I hit 320-350hp at the crank (which is about where I'm expecting it to be), I would consider that good value. A 130-160hp gain for about 4k (including headers and catback) sounds pretty good if you ask me (which you did).

Dude, we know the steps required for measuring the power gained through modifying an engine. You're not helping us get this thing finished any quicker. This isn't our first rodeo.

Jeesh Yan. You are ridiculously thick tonight...

Fyi, I'm the short-fused son.

Maybe I am being thick because I fail to understand how you can keep telling us this supercharger is running well when you can’t get it into boost (aka running). You don’t have a tune, you don’t know if you’re keeping the AEM, you don’t know what to do with the 7th injector, and you’re confident you'll, somehow, get 320-350hp within your 4k budget. It’s nice to throw large numbers about, but how do you expect to achieve them with a header and catback. Again, you and your pops are trying to run before you can walk.

You don’t know a fraction of the BS associated with “Mr. Rimmers” systems. If you want some advice, ask o-gauge if he will assist you duplicating his set-up. Although he won’t admit it publicly, he knows your system is a bust in its current form.

I have no interest in knowing any past BS. The system is by Sprintex distributed in the US by Boostec. I do not have a stock jeep nor do I want to see how it works 'out of the box', for you , for me, for anyone. That would be a waste of time and money. My having headers, larger TB, 703 injectors, cat back exhaust all dictates that this is not a standard out of the box install.
You can have all the past BS and gripes towards towards Mr. Rimmer that you want, but please direct them at him and not thru me or on this thread. Regardless of his, your's or anyone else's past dealings, I am satisfied with all the supercharger hardware I have purchased. Is it 'complete'? I don't know? I am not installing it that way.

Taken directly from the NAXJA forum rules. This is good information for all,even me, to reread.

-Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company;
-Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.
-
Personal attacks directed toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated.

Now hopefully Please back to our regularly scheduled channel- 'Supercharger Install'.

If this is really so traumatic, add him to your ignore list and stop pursefighting.

UserCP->Edit Ignore List->add user ID.

Great advise, done. Urban Yan added to my ignore list.

Sheeshh.....it only took you two 6 pages to take my advice and put Yanni on ice?

Now let's see a shot of the hood vent installed!

Here is some of the work being done-

Hood off, back to stock air filter and intake. measuring some intake temps.
74000-2012-06-10-18-09-25-custom.jpg

Took the stock elbow off and measured even hotter Intake air temps.
74002-2012-06-10-18-26-18-custom.jpg

Tried a real extreme crazy 3" pipe and this was actually with good results. 10-20 degrees above ambient and near ambient when accelerating- air really flowing thru it. I think that it was the bubble wrap heat barrier that made the difference. OK not practical but it proved a point as the goal to try to obtain.
74004-2012-06-10-18-45-14-custom.jpg

Here's the hood with the rattle can paint job. It is surprising almost a perfect match. Will test tonight.
74008-2012-06-10-19-46-34-custom.jpg

The hood vent is just that, to vent out the hot underhood air. At speed, It is located in a low pressure area so the hot air coming thru the radiator will be 'sucked' up and out. At low crawling speed, it will also vent out hot air. Trying to look at the stock air box and open up and duct cool air to it from the headlight area. Similar to what Talyn did but not with the built box and lid like he did.

It does run. It runs quite well actually. I just can't go into boost yet.
I don't think you are grasping what running means...the Jeep might run, but if the supercharger and everything is installed as you claimed when debating whether to install larger injectors or use the 7th injector, but you can't go into boost, then the kit isn't running.
You don't know me. You don't know if I work at the corner store, on the dole or won the lottery. You don't have to worry about how much I spend or what I spend it on.

I don't think he's worried how much you spent. I think it's more a matter of a kit that is advertised as plug and play out of the box, costing $4000 to the general public shouldn't require so much extra work to make it run right. Hence why he referred to you do doing Rick's work. It sounds like Rick should've had the fuel and everything else worked out so that customers could buy the kit, install it and be ready to go with maybe a little extra tuning for their specific use, not figure out how to make it all work.

It does run, but I want it to run better. I want to do that, I can do that and I will do that.

A supercharged engine not being able to enter boost is not running.

A box of parts, that's it? And that makes you an expert on the topic.

I'd imagine, if you really look at it, buying a box of parts and making it run (which IIRC he hasn't made run yet) would actually make someone more of an expert than someone buying a supposedly plug and play kit...buying the parts would require research and thought whereas the kit is a kit - the thought has already been done (except apparently with the work you guys are going through, the thought wasn't done already)...

What you see in a box of parts or a complete kit is different than mine.
Your idea of plug and play is different than mine.
Plug and play means precisely that, plug and play. That is the definition. You plug it in and it's ready to play.
So if you don't like or agree with someone else's thoughts or ideas, you bully them.
He points out what he sees as problems. Yes, he is blunt sometimes, but you two have decided that everything he says must be vehemently argued. Your son in particular will sit and complain about Yan's comments while being every bit as much a jerk or moreso.

He didn't seem to start going after you guys in this thread, but your insistence on being right or proving him wrong turned it from actual technical critique and advice stemming from his dislike for the kit or the guy who designed it, to just plain foolish arguing.

If this is really so traumatic, add him to your ignore list and stop pursefighting.

UserCP->Edit Ignore List->add user ID.
Ding ding ding! If you think someone is trolling or being inappropriate, isn't it smarter to just ignore the person? Responding with snarky comments doesn't make it go away, it escalates things.

Back