• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring creek Sunday 23rd

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
Had a great day. Had 4 total rigs. 3 xj's and one 1 TJ. Beautiful day, couldent of asked for more. One Xj was open open and he did great! After the wall 1tonxj lost a pass side coil retainer and the coil popped out, damaging the shock a little. Spent about 30 mins looking for it but had no luck finding it. Backed the jeep down slowly into to the side of the mountain to flex it out and try to get the coil back in. Got the coil back in and used a ratchet strap to tie down the bottom of the coil to the axle. Got it fixed and we were on our way. Not far after that caught a break line and tore it off the fitting. So another 30min fix and we had breaklines swapped out and on our way again. Made it to the left hand turn with the big rocks and had a little fun. Getting the open guy threw was fun and interesting. 1tonxj tryed the hard line and pretty much rearranged all the rocks now lol. With a little help from the throttle he made it look easy. Made it to the rock garden and had alot of fun. both me and the TJ tryed the big rocks on the left side, but neather could make it. The TJ just couldent get the rear to bite and pull up. I tryed it and dident have much luck eather, thought i snapped a shaft or driveshaft but everyone said it was just me throwing a rock i guess :shrug: 1ton tryed it and couldent bite eather, well blame it on the boggers though as they just couldent hook up. Tryed for a good 30mins to and just couldent make it. Dident see very much snow at all on the trail, just a little ice here and there. all in all a great day . . . Onto the pics

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01618.jpg

DSC01620.jpg

DSC01619.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01625.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

DSC01631.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

Woulda been fun to see him try the very far right line on the turn. Rig seems to be workin well :thumbup:

The Boggers were not the issue ...what was the issue was hanging on the rear LCA b4 back tires could contact rock to raise them up ,so no tire change would help infact We hung the LCA's hard enough to loosen all 4 jam nuts . That obstacle has very few lines without massive rock stacking that will let you over without snagging ...I found my line after you left , faaaaar left ran driver tire up dead tree and just managed to clear rear LCA'S and pumkin no rocks stacked ...The boggers were atually surprisingly good on that line an mt/r would not have dug in like these ,But the obstacle is so deceiving it looks like you will just drive up ,but you end up hanging somewhere .

The brake lines I think need run down the top of either axle or down top the control arm since they are 40 inches long ...but they held up until ...somehow LOL ...the bungee got re-looped too tight around the brake line/slider and pulled braided line out of the fitting...hmmmm who did that "freaky" thing...lol .

That spot on Spring creek pissed me off too. Damn rocks snuck up out of nowhere and grabbed onto my 14bolt like a fat kid on cheese cake. Next year I'll go at it again with the bigger tires that actually have tread on them. I might also grind down my 14bolt housing a bit.

That spot on Spring creek pissed me off too. Damn rocks snuck up out of nowhere and grabbed onto my 14bolt like a fat kid on cheese cake. Next year I'll go at it again with the bigger tires that actually have tread on them. I might also grind down my 14bolt housing a bit.

Yeah my bro got it far left riding the tree...the lower Lca/diff just clear ,and my 14 is cut down to 13 bolt with ballistic fabs kit ,and it just clears the left line...unfortunately everyone left ,so no one but me seen my bro get it ...oh well I could now make quick work of it next run after spending 45 minutes on it b4 owning it.

Last edited:
Well next time you go up let me know, I'd be more than happy to play camera bitch to see how your rig wheels.

Back