• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spartan locker problem... video inside

Somethings not right.. Actual tire size, or maybe a bad U-joint.. Im not sure.. but this just does not sound right.

No no... Remember Everything is perfect in that 15 to 30 Yr old Dana 30 that has been off roaded.. EVERYTHING... And it has to be the locker!

I think the fluid level plus it breaking in a bit made the difference. It was working really good after I pulled the cover and inspected it. When I refilled it I did make sure it was pouring out pretty strong when I put the fill plug back in where as before it was barley coming out.

Its the slow time of the year at work so I can take it apart a few times if needed. I am a little upset that I won't be able to take my son anywhere for the rest of tjhe weekend.

if you go through the trouble of taking it all the way out... id try swapping the side gears around for shits and giggles. :dunno:

Re: Re: spartan locker problem... video inside

No no... Remember Everything is perfect in that 15 to 30 Yr old Dana 30 that has been off roaded.. EVERYTHING... And it has to be the locker!

Get over it dude... Its the locker. Search the net.... Lots of people complaining about the spartan locker binding on left turns. The jeep has never been crashed or has it ever been wheeled hard... I just take it on light trails. I'm also a Jeep tech ...I do all my own work, its not like I haven't checked the axles and tube. Whenbibsay they are good, they are good. Its the locker.... I believed fluid level and weight plays a big key along with it wearing in.

The axle is apart right now..getting seals and new axles u joints. I'll post up how it works when I'm done.

Possible that the springs are loosening up...maybe the teeth have rough edges? I checked it for wear...looks untouched. I wheeled it last night and drove it to and from the woods...about 50 miles. Still some binding on hard turns.... In the woods in 2wd it was doing it right and left hard turns but it is definatly getting better. I also still haven't had it lock the wheels during a turn again.

Off road the locker works great. Its awesome how much of a difference it made.

Just a update in case anyone ever stumbles upon this post.

The locker seems to be acting normal now. Still get some binding on hard turns but I knew that was to be expected before I even bought the thing.

I guess in the end if you buy a spartan give it some wear in time.

Just a update in case anyone ever stumbles upon this post.

The locker seems to be acting normal now. Still get some binding on hard turns but I knew that was to be expected before I even bought the thing.

I guess in the end if you buy a spartan give it some wear in time.

Mine wore in the first 8 feet out of the garage:thumbup:

Back