• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So, who is planning on going?

Beezil said:
I will camp as long as I'm not the only person down there.

I'll camp in any weather.

tents are useless.

just sleep in yer truck.

I'm thinking of camping by the busses where we can rip on Dan the man and his shiny yellow beadlocks.

Camping .....

Beezil said:
damn scott, listen to you!

sounds like steph let you take the balls out for a spin today.

ROFL.... does this mean you are tripping down without the wife??? Didn't say that when we talked.

I'm camping, I was going to camp down there last year but ended up hanging out with the p u s s y s at the Inn and camping in the parking lot.

Scott, bring Steph, camp anyhow, I'm bringing my wife and camping.

Walter....

Walter B. said:
I'm there! Any body got the number to the BB in attica

Ya got room fer another Jeep on that there trailer? Or are ya drive'n that thing up there?

BTW...when is Winterfest? I've lost track of time since the funeral last week (Aunt died). Is it this weekend? Gawwd i hope not....still have to weld the steering box back on :twak:

Trail Blazer said:
Ya got room fer another Jeep on that there trailer? Or are ya drive'n that thing up there?

BTW...when is Winterfest? I've lost track of time since the funeral last week (Aunt died). Is it this weekend? Gawwd i hope not....still have to weld the steering box back on :twak:

TB, what's the deal, does everyone down there have three-axle, two-vehicle trailers or what???

how come you won't wheel unless someone else hauls you and your junk to where you are going?

I miss you, you little booger, but I hafta wonder why you built a "trailer queen" without first having a trailer, and something to tow it with?

the wonders never cease.

try to get your ass to winterfest, one way or the other.

edit: hey, whats this shit about "welding" your steering box back on? call me crazy, but i'm pretty sure they BOLT on.

Badlands - I'm in!

Been to the Badlands and all I have to say is ... Awesome! Few summers ago I went and managed to 'improperly use' my recovery gear when pulling a fellow TJ outta the mud on the pink trail (on the right soon as your enter the park). A tree managed to cause $6,200 damage after landing across my hood. Needless to say I have some 'unfinished business' with said TREE. NO ROLLCAGES REQ'D for XJ's. Believe only the 'rag top' type Jeeps must have some sort of occupant protection for the noggin'. I'm in!

Anyone got an open seat? If I can scrape up some gas money and find someone to haul my arse around the badlands, I'll be there. Campin at the river (aka sleeping in the truck).

TPI, I already have a rider, but I'm sure we can pile you in somehow, even if you got down to the quarry, you could hike around and spectate on the various short obstacles...

anyway, wanted to mention, it looks like after talking to a few people, that we probably won't do the river thing.....

Some of the campers are opting to camp at the badlands (7bucks includes a non-treetrunk bathroom, hot shower) trailers and busses can be left there the whole weekend, as can tents.....makes it easier to get wheeling each day, we won't hafta worry about "moving the fort" just drivin down the road in your rig......

A warm pooper ain't all bad. I can deal with the badland's camp so we don't have to deal with loading trailers and junk. I'm not getting there until sat. morning anyhow. Gonna go watch Gravdigger blow something up Fri. night :thumbup: It's good to have kids around so you don't have to look like a total redneck going to a monster truck rally by yourself :D

when ya getting there?

some of us will be at the badlands camp thurs night.

we are having a trail leaders ONLY run on friday (no dingleberries please)

of course EVERYONE is encouraged to show up as early as they'd like and have a great time playin' and exploring!

friday morning will probably be a leisurely start, trailleaders can either swing by the badlands camp, or in the upper parking lot.

we would like to get an EARLY start saturday morning, so please be there when the gates open!

standing in line at the office to acquire day passes can take anywhere from a couple minutes, to a half-hour......this is the offseason, so chances are that will move quick.

we would like to start a drivers meeting no later than 10:00 am. If most of the group looks like they're set and ready we will begin the drivers meeting ASAP. the drivers meeting will be located at the upper lot nearest the rti ramp, behind the office

there will be a general description, of the goings on and trail descriptions. trail leader will be announced so that all drivers know "who's who"....

judging by the trail descriptions, you will group up with the chosen trail leaders. Each trail leader may elect to have thier own "pow-wow" and decide where their line up will start. Vehicle inspections should be performed, to identify any potential "hazards"...Drivers can get with the trail leaders, scott mac or myself if they have any question regarding choosing trails. There will be many folks there who have done the badlands before, and can also help you determine a fun and challengin trail, so ask around! It will be helpful if each trail leader would do their line-up in a different location other than the main lot to reduce the confusion of the "scramble".

I am unsure when the park closes this time of year, we will have to confirm this, but regardless, if there is one thing that irritates the owners more, its "last minute exiting". we will want to be in the parking lot one half-hour BEFORE the gates close. Murphys law rules the badlands, if you are feeling hardcore or brave, consider getting your hardcore out of your system with enough time to address your "issues" if bad luck occurrs. Don't be stupid-hardcore 15 minutes before you need to be back to the main lot....

I can't tell you how many ties this happens!!!

personally speaking, I break within the first five minutes, so I have nothing to worry about!

one last thing:

don't bring alcohol....

we all know you don't intend to drink any on the trail, but they won't even let you in with it!

don't try to be sneaky, cause they will perform vehicle searches, I shit you not.

If you want to bring beer and booze from home, make arrangements to store your stuff with someone who is lodging or camping before entering the park.

May come up Friday PM after work and camp Friday and Saturday night ... may take a half day off if the situation there permits.

Going to try and borrow my brother's trailer (licensed for road travel), and bring up some wood and some straw ... some to put in the trailer to sleep on ... some to put down in the mud at camp (if necessary). It's forcasted to be in the mid 40's that weekend which will make for plenty of it for those who "just love mud" ...

Les

Last edited:
Back