• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So who is at work today?

Made it in today. Fun drive in the XJ. Gosh I love this stock rig!

Spent my day pulling people up a hill here in Clarksville, until it turned into a cluster F*

Also got to see a snow plow being pulled out too, my buddy at news 2 was able to film it and that footage made it on the air. Overall it was a pretty fun day, but I still hate snow.

a>

a>

a>

Wow.... I work with Bridgestone and have been trying to get into contact with them for the last 2 days.......

Wow.... I work with Bridgestone and have been trying to get into contact with them for the last 2 days.......

In LaVergne or Morrison, TN? The LaVergne plant is right down the road from me.

In LaVergne or Morrison, TN? The LaVergne plant is right down the road from me.

Neither it's there corporate rubber coordinator that I deal with up there in Nashville. We haul rubber to the plant in Graniteville, SC and then tires down to Jacksonville. Kris was telling me she works at the plant that makes the steel wire. Not sure which one.

We were supposed to get some flurries today. Went to lunch and it was sunny and well above freezing. Looked out the window around 3:00 and looked like this:

8a4cfe09c92fee76a6a07b5e46049f2a.jpg

Wasn't above freezing anymore either.

I will totally take you up on that if he doesn't. I've got a 231 from a 98 sitting in the garage.

Tim could use that 231.....

I saw that but he's 450 miles away. I can't imagine that would be economical to ship.

I shipped one form SC to Al in a box through the USPO for less then $70 a few years ago.

It's snowing pretty good here. Time to leave for home soon.

Snowing here this am stuck some now it's ice..... Schools were not canceled but the sheriffs office issued a don't leave home unless you have to alert! SMH....

We were supposed to get some flurries, maybe a light snow shower. Woke up and it was coming down at a good clip. Then the temperature dropped to the mid 20's and it stuck to the roads. Crews weren't expecting it, so roads weren't treated. All in all it was only about an inch at best, but that's more than enough to bring out the stupid in drivers. Took me two hours to do my normally one hour commute.

0652d4968cc03659bf78208c701cde52.jpg

5bfb0bc37a368a9c16e31c16e4e3c077.jpg

Now we're expecting 3-6" starting tomorrow night. I'll brand surprised if that actually happens.

Times are tough here in Lee county, VA. We've had around twenty or more inches of snowfall in the past week. Every time we get the roads halfway clean it dumps another few inches on us. You know it's bad when Wal-Mart closes early and postal workers get sent home.

My driveway looks like a WW2 trench where my dad has scraped the snow to the sides with his little Craftsman lawn tractor. I tried to get out Sunday, but my XJ kept sliding out of the driveway and into the three foot snow berms on the sides. I buried the thing up to the frame and up past the bumpers. I had to dig it out and put rubber mats under the tires to get it out (even though I have really good tires and the back ones are brand new and studded). I need some lockers!

Dad and I managed to get most of the big stuff out of the driveway Sunday afternoon. Even though he has wheel weights, chains, and fluid filled tires on his tractor, I had to stand on the rear lift so he wouldn't spin.

Monday came and I managed to get out. I went to work and did the best I could to deliver pizzas to folks. I wound up having to park in the road most of the time and walk the food to people's homes because there was so much snow piled up beside the road that you couldn't get in anyone's driveway. It was the worst day of work I've had in a while.

More snow fell this morning and they say there is more to come. A state of emergency has been declared.
http://www.wjhl.com/story/28190412/...tm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer
LEE COUNTY, VA (WJHL) -
The Lee County, Va. Emergency Management Director has declared that a local emergency exists in Lee County due to the weather.
According to a Lee County news release, the county made the declaration at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, and submitted a request to the State Emergency Operations Center for State assistance of food and water for residents throughout the county that are not able to get out due to the heavy snows and temperatures.
The National Guard has also reportedly been requested to assist with the delivery of food and water to various locations throughout Lee County, as well as has been assisting with extracting residents who require medical attention where emergency personnel have been unable to reach.
According to the release, there has been no confirmation from the State EOC on approval on the request for food and water and the Virginia National Guard is on standby to assist as resources are received.
No shelters have been opened and there are no reports of widespread power outages.

Here's a pic of a local church with the roof collapsed and a picture of Main St. in town:

10440281_1549359391982502_3427385456455149141_n.jpg

10994595_10103870281781762_2483059012509822655_n.jpg

but my XJ kept sliding out of the driveway
Technically it didn't slide, it just pulled itself wherever it wanted to go and naturally drifted sideways downhill. It's sitting in the yard here and I dug all the way down to the dirt with the driver's front tire. It would just spin and hop, I was a little disappointed lol.

10389348_776710895747625_6444217062222439589_n.jpg

1512458_776710815747633_7579590088696833805_n.jpg

Back