• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So how much can you flex?

Just tossing this one out there for refference. I no longer own the jeep but I sure wish I hadn't sold it.

xjrock6.jpg

xjrock2.jpg

-Kevin

Yes. I fell/rolled off the big center rock on Archers and caught a rock on the shock which pulled/ripped the pin from the mounting point. We tried remounting the remaining shock pin to get it back home doing a half-arse job so the rear was controlled as best as possible. It broke again mid Firebreak 5 garden.

-Kevin

show me a pic of short arms that flexes anywhere near that

The reason that Jeep has that much droop is because there are no shocks on the front!! HELLO!!

As said above, take a look through the scratch and dent pic's. Hans, mine, and many others all have short arms and flex much like that (only we have front shocks on and adjusted for the wheel travel.

Michael

The reason that Jeep has that much droop is because there are no shocks on the front!! HELLO!!

Michael

I see shocks...just not the right 'length' of shocks to really be worth a damn.

Flex is overrated. Too much droop and you lose sprung weight, especially on a 30 with small tires. You can have a spool in the diff, but if there's no weight on the low tire, it's not going to push anything. Err on the side of compression and sacrifice the extension. ;)

Ah, the elusive Dan Starc. His name is whispered with reverence by some of the old farts on here.

-----Matt-----

Being of legal drinking age and considering the current population of this board you are now an Old Fart yourself.

Being of legal drinking age and considering the current population of this board you are now an Old Fart yourself.

speaking of drinking... We haven't had a M&G in a while. We should have one next month after everyone gets back from Moab.

Back