• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Cal desert rats

ja3u5uje.jpg

I'm thinking chop the top, cage it and fuse the spider gear together to start. Should be pretty cheap and get me in plenty of trouble!

Re: Re: So Cal desert rats

There's my superduty, 03 6.8 v10 4x4. its an ex-work truck with no options other than the v10 and 4x4 and I love it.[/QUOTE]

A truck should be all business. I have an xlt but back in 2002 that didn't mean too much. Power windows and chrome bumpers. Now days my pops 2013 f350 has air conditioned seats! You look like you had a fun day in that pic. Looks like the front drivers flat? Where were you at?

A truck should be all business. I have an xlt but back in 2002 that didn't mean too much. Power windows and chrome bumpers. Now days my pops 2013 f350 has air conditioned seats! You look like you had a fun day in that pic. Looks like the front drivers flat? Where were you at?

I was out in JV for goatfest (mudfest), the rig on the trailer is Lurch's rig which was making horrible noises from the T-case area so I loaded him up on the u-haul trailer I had. the reason the tires are flat is because the u-haul straps only work up to 30" tires and he has 33"s.

So you're keeping the XJ AND you got a truck/pop-up camper ?? Who's the camper manuf. ??

Check out the pop-up camper forum on Expedition Portal...

Curt

Well to be honest keeping the jeep is still out to jury. I would like to but am not sure I can afford to. The camper is made by: Four Wheel Campers. It is pretty sweet! Sleeps 4, fridge, stove, sink, out door shower, hot water heater, heater for inside, awning, 20 gallon water supply, battery that is charged off of the truck when driving. The whole setup dry weight is only 750 lbs. The truck has airbags too so it is super stable! Driving around town you can hardly tell its back there except for the wide load.

I have already been expedition portal, great site!

Tone suggested I just offer a tow and camp service to ride shotgun in other people jeeps!

I'll caution you when it comes to suggestions from Tone... ;)

You seen any of the Turtle Expedition builds/trips by Gary & Monika Wescot ??

Curt

Well hello. Been around the forums for a bit. Im in the San Diego area. In the works of a prerunner xj. Money is tight so its a slow build like always. Im Rick. Have a 2001 with 4.5" zone/re lift(prob a little less now) on 32s. Once tax returns come. Ill be getting a new steering box. Dont want to go through it and rebuild it beyond my capabilities. Its leaking kinda bad. Put grade my stock lights so I can actually see at night. Blah blah blah. You guys prob dont wanna hear it. Just want to meet more offroad enthusiasts like myself.

I'll caution you when it comes to suggestions from Tone... ;)

You seen any of the Turtle Expedition builds/trips by Gary & Monika Wescot ??

Curt

So I searched for them and WOW! They are pretty hardcore! They are about to embark on a 3 year trip along the silk road! Sounds awesome! I don't know if I'll ever manage a trip like that but I was talking to Liz about taking a 3 week vacation this summer and cruising the States. Gonna try and map something out, come up with a budget and see if we can make it happen

So I searched for them and WOW! They are pretty hardcore! They are about to embark on a 3 year trip along the silk road! Sounds awesome! I don't know if I'll ever manage a trip like that but I was talking to Liz about taking a 3 week vacation this summer and cruising the States. Gonna try and map something out, come up with a budget and see if we can make it happen

Sounds good just give me the dates so I can take time off of work and get everything lined up on my end.

Three days is enough...
Congrats on the rig by the way... I wanted a 4 Wheel Pop-Up camper for years... then I got married & had kids...

Let me know if you go out... I might be up for a camping trip...

Curt

Last edited:
Well hello. Been around the forums for a bit. Im in the San Diego area. In the works of a prerunner xj. Money is tight so its a slow build like always. Im Rick. Have a 2001 with 4.5" zone/re lift(prob a little less now) on 32s. Once tax returns come. Ill be getting a new steering box. Dont want to go through it and rebuild it beyond my capabilities. Its leaking kinda bad. Put grade my stock lights so I can actually see at night. Blah blah blah. You guys prob dont wanna hear it. Just want to meet more offroad enthusiasts like myself.

Welcome Rick... most of us are located over the hill from you in the Low Desert... There are several members very local to you in S.D.
Sounds like you've got a good start on your XJ... I'm at the same height & tire size.

Curt

Welcome Rick... most of us are located over the hill from you in the Low Desert... There are several members very local to you in S.D.
Sounds like you've got a good start on your XJ... I'm at the same height & tire size.

Curt

Curt AKA The Mayor

Back