• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow run Nov 27th That is a Sunday folks

Re: Snow run Nov 25th

i might be able to get myself up there..but my cousin has a ranger....and if i cant find somebody over 21(or get my permit back) i dont think ill be able to come unless my cuz takes me.....or is this a strictly xj thing? but then again we might be albe to have him drive mine.

RedneckIn_Progress said:
i might be able to get myself up there..but my cousin has a ranger....and if i cant find somebody over 21(or get my permit back) i dont think ill be able to come unless my cuz takes me.....or is this a strictly xj thing? but then again we might be albe to have him drive mine.
Well first of all, Welcome to NAXJA! Looks like your first post is here with us! :D

I don't think there would be an issue with you tagging along with this as it is not a sanctioned NAXJA trail run (right Hans?). Even if you wanted to "ride along" I think we can get an open seat.

I said WE... I think I will be going, afterall.

Redneck, It's going to be sort of a haul for you from Oregon. Will you be in the area? About 5 hours, otherwise.

Again! Welcome - Hang on!! Your in with a good crowd here.

I plan on attending work permitting.

Took my gal friend to Cle Elem for breakfast Sunday w/o getting road report. Got that "oh crap" feeling when we passed a pile of big rocks on 90 westbound side and suddenly realized there was little traffic eastbound and zero traffic westbound. Took Blewit and Stevens back. Lots of snow on Stevens, (Leavenworth to RR tunnel), more snow than last year everywhere else. Liberty Cafe had about 6 inches.

XJourney said:
we are going to make it to the top this year.
Hans

WE HOPE!!

Not sure about the rock slide, it is probably all cleaned up, but not sure.

Michael

Long drive be damned, I'm gonna make it up there. Definately will have to follow people into the trail, since I don't know that area at all.

Any other Oregon/Portland area people going? If so, you want to meet somewhere and drive up together?

Last edited:

I should be there. Not sure who is coming with me yet (sounds like the wife and kids might all come along). Either way I will plan on it.

FYI, This is a great run to bring sleds on. Although we fully intend on making it to the top (or at least some of us as far as we can). There is always some time for some sledding!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
I should be there. Not sure who is coming with me yet (sounds like the wife and kids might all come along). Either way I will plan on it.

FYI, This is a great run to bring sleds on. Although we fully intend on making it to the top (or at least some of us as far as we can). There is always some time for some sledding!!

Michael

Good to know. I'll bring mine along. Coleman stoves will be making the trip so we'll have hot water/soup/etc. Hmmmm...grilled cheese sandwiches??? :D

Yea need to go to Costco for a sled. Don't want to miss out on sleds like last year.:( Or I could bring my tractor inner tube.

Hans

yea its a 4 and a half drive from here.but im used to going to seattle for mariner games....if i can convince my cousin he might go....if he hasnt torn apart his truck yet(hes doing a engine swap from stock 2.8L v6 for 4.0L v6 from a explorer)...so yea. i might be able to make it.

yea i cant go..maybe some other day. thanx anyways.

RedneckIn_Progress

Last edited:

Let's BUMP this back to the top! We're still talking about Jack's Pass on SUNDAY the 27th, RIGHT??

Who has empty seats? My son is flying in from Korea and his brothers want to go. I have 2 extra passengers that would like to ride along (?).
Thanks!

Would like to join in on this snow run. I haven't driven in snow since I left the midwest, much less gone wheeling in it. Wife and kids want to go so the thought of sledding adds to the fun.
You guys said stock rigs are ok, it's my wife's daily driver so we'll be nervous about it.
Is everyone still planning on Sunday after Thanksgiving?

Daily drivers are fine, ask Mark. :firedevil

Brian might have a spare seat, I don't know if he is coming or not.

I believe Danielle is going to fill my seat.

After our snow run last weekend in Manastash... stock or no stock I would get a set of chains and make sure you have tow points front and rear. Also have at least one rig with a winch and lots of tow straps. Our winches got some work!
http://inwadventures.com/Offroadpage.html
Have fun all! Look out for trees when you're sledding. They always win!

Stock rigs are very welcome. Tow points and at least 1 set of chains should be required!! Keep in mind that if you are in a stock rig and the snow does get too deep, you can stop there and do some sledding or ride in an empty seat. We will have several winches, OBA, and recovery equipment in the group. My intent is to have the whole family (no extra room) but there are usually extra seats and I believe that my brother would have room (but I can not offer for him).

I plan on trying to get to the top of the pass, snow conditions can make that very difficult or not difficult at all, depends on how deep it is. Either way it will be fun for the whole family.

Please understand, although I consider snow to be much less likely for body damage, there is always a chance. This group does a very good job of protecting the vehicles that are daily drivers but things do happen and you need to be responsible for your vehicle, passengers, equipments etc.

Can't wait to do some snow wheeling!!
Michael

Im leaving town tomorrow night due to a loss in the familly. I will try to keep tabs on what is going on. I still plan on being there Sunday.

Jason

Back