• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Small Pop-up camper

Now that I think about it, I fixed a ball mount for a neighbor, years ago. He had me run a few beads running parrallel with the length that goes in the reciever, did this on two adjacent sides. He then flapwheeled them down and test fit until he was happy with the interference. Guess it worked, since I never heard back about it (one of those people that only comes around when they need something)

Maybe I missed it, but what is the weight of your setup?

I have no clue what the overall weight is. It can't be much. The newer model weighs 2550lbs but I have a hard time believing mine is that heaving. 1500 maybe... :dunno:

I'm hoping once I get the batteries and LP tank on the front the hitch won't rattle near as much.

Oh ok, I don't feel so bad then. When I was doing some reading, I found a post on why the older trailers are lighter than the new ones. Apparently the increased power and handling in later cars allowed the trailer manufacturers to become lazy, and let the trailers gain weight.

I was going to custom build one but lost interest after I got my MJ bed trailer. I still have the frame of the trailer and all the parts if anyone is interested? I sanded the whole frame down and re-painted it and thats about as far as I got, been sitting in my back yard untouched for a few years now. I know someone here could use this?

The frame and all the parts are a 1993 Starcraft Meteorite

Tone, does it have any appliances?
I would kill someone, in front of they own momma for a working propane fridge.
Or we could work something out :eyes:

gave the fridge to papercut (jon) it was just a styrofoam ice box with a plastic door. I think I might still have parts of the stove but its not in good shape I bet? have all the pulleys, light/marker lenses, trim, door, bed pads, canvas top was trashed with holes and mold when i got it so that got trashed. I am planning on keeping the converter as well. and maybe the wheel off the foot of the leveler

I have one more section to do... still. I cut it last night but I didn't have time to get it up there. THen I have to trim all around to cover up my precision.

(It's my dad's fault it's screwed up at the front of the AC unit.) :) I can fix that.

DSCF7377.jpg

Looks pretty good man, definitely better than it was. You should do a build thread on popupportal. They love this stuff, most of the folks over there are not exactly mechanically inclined, and they think people who can do this stuff are gods. Its good for the your ego.

:D

~ Stump

lol I'll be taking pictures as I go. I take so long to do things that it wouldn't be a very eventful build. I'll get some post back logged and probably go for it.

I don't find my work very appealing but it gets the job done, I guess.

Back