• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

small lift using standard shocks

#1 Moses

NAXJA Forum User
I have just installed a set of new Standard height ( yellow & blue) Bilstein shocks. I have decided to install a mini-lift just to have The "Look" I have been looking at a Daystar 1 3/4 lift with coil spacers and a rear shackle. $119.00 delivered and the Terra flex 1 1/2 coil spacers and shackles. $136.95 delivered. Can I use these with my new Bilstein shocks? will I do any damage or extra wear to my new shocks? what of the two should I buy? I just dont want the stock look just a little lift for the "Look"

Your stock shocks will work fine with your bb. All the bb spacers I've dealt with measure 1 3/4" whether it's a 1 1/2" or 2" lift so both kits give about the same lift. Terra flex shackles have an excellent reputation though, so you might go that route. Your tailpipe will rattle with a shackle lift and being in the rust belt there might be a problem getting the old shackles off, so you might consider a kit with a long adda leaf.

Back