• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slip Yoke

Who makes the best Slip Yoke Eliminator kit for the money?

• Rubicon Express

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Tom Woods

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Rustys

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • other, specify in forum.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
johnsoninc86 said:
I've been running the PORC kit with a front driveshaft for about three or four weeks now. Total cost- $210 No problems yet, just be prepared to re-use the factory snap ring on the mode hub once you get in the case. I called the guys and spoke to the mechanic at PORC and he said that wouldn't be a problem or i could take some sandpaper and grind down the one they gave us(it was too thick). I just reused the factory one though. No leaks, no noises, easier than thought install, and i did it all for about half the price of other kits and custom shafts! Im sittin on RE 4.5" and the front driveshaft is just about perfect, could be a little longer, but itll do.

Front Driveshaft off what year? There's no rust.. you must live in SoCA or is it a new piece?

Did anyone have any trouble with the speedo gear meshing up? It seems like mine spins in the hole and kicks itself out of mesh... then
no speedo.
talk about a pain in the neck!

Brian Carpenter said:
Front Driveshaft off what year? There's no rust.. you must live in SoCA or is it a new piece?

Did anyone have any trouble with the speedo gear meshing up? It seems like mine spins in the hole and kicks itself out of mesh... then
no speedo.
talk about a pain in the neck!
Actually, the driveshaft was sent out of ohio, and it was a little rusty, but it was nothing a little sandpaper and some flat black spray paint didnt fix. I dont know why i cared about it that much, I just have to have things look new on my rig for some reason. I think the shaft was from like a 99 automatic. Whoever had it had already rebuilt it with greasable spicer joints all around! Lucky me!

jeepinandy said:
AA SYE and TW drive shaft.. install took about 2 hours (on a lift and air tools)
$480 for the combo. holding up great.

X2

Back