• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shroomin..

altrocker1

NAXJA Forum User
how many of ya'll hit the woods for shrooms this time of year? yes im talking about morels, and not the other kind :nono:

i would be out this morning if i didn't have a stupid work meeting. there were reports last week of morels poppin in southern iowa, so im hoping after the rain last week and the 85 degree temps yesterday that there will be some up this week...mmm bacon and shrooms for lunch sounds awesome right about now

Shroomin'..... on a Sunday afternoon......

As much as I like mushrooms, for whatever reason, I don't care for morels. I had the happy forest hunting grounds growing up, it was never that difficult to find them. Right now, I've got them growing in my back yard, I'm just waiting for them to pop up.

I used to go hunting them years ago, I lived out in the country and there was some woods near where I lived then. Now I probably wouldn't go into woods I don't know due to crazy people with fire arms since it wasn't my land. Plus where I did go is now all fat land with no woods because a coal mine rolled through there.

My sister has 50-some acres, mostly wooded, in east central IL. We always enjoyed morel hunting down there.

they have just started poppin' up down here over the last week. I may try to go out later this week. I like them, but it is more fun to find them then to eat them now a days. Case is just the right height to find the ones we overlook! LOL

Hopefully i find some tomorrow, i had a few friends find 20-30 each yesterday and today. I live in Burlington, iowa so anyone north probably has another week before they get any.

My sister has 50-some acres, mostly wooded, in east central IL. We always enjoyed morel hunting down there.

hmmmm....

no hunting invite.

documented.

we usually harvest around 200-400 morels while turkey hunting the central missouri woods each april.

will post an update. don't know what kind of year it will be for either species with this nutty weather

there were rumors that guys are finding tiny greys in central iowa. unfortunately i leave on monday for a 2 week trip. im hoping tomorrow and sunday will produce

I like to go shroom huntin but I think I'm doing it wrong.What do most of you use to get them? I'm finding out that a 12ga. dosn't leave much to eat. Is there a bow season?Dose anyone use decoys to lure them in?

No seriously, I;m jealous of those of you who are getting some. I havn't found a single one this year. Usualy I do ok.

We started finding them around the farms this past week. Camille and Case brought in half a grocery bag the other night and I am planning on going this evening....I am having too much fun playing around on the new Ranger and I find myself not making time to mushroom hunt :D

We started finding them around the farms this past week. Camille and Case brought in half a grocery bag the other night and I am planning on going this evening....I am having too much fun playing around on the new Ranger and I find myself not making time to mushroom hunt :D

cow farm? i hear the best shrooms grow on cow poop...

ummm, well......yes it is a cattle farm, but we are not hunting those type of mushrooms (right now ;))

ummm, well......yes it is a cattle farm, but we are not hunting those type of mushrooms (right now ;))

they should be poppin around June 9th ish right :D

unicorn_barfing_rainbow.jpg

if you look online you'll see that the difference between the good ones and bad ones is more obvious than you think...or just take pics of what you find and post them up here and i can tell you

Back