• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shroomin..

^ what he said. The bad ones look almost identical but when you pick them there will be a like white fuzzy stuff in the stem. Thats one way to tell. I found a few today. Can't wait for whites to start coming up. I love living in Mesick Mi, Mushroom capitol of the world.

we found a few grocery bags worth over the past week. We had company up this weekend and fried up a big batch and that is all I cared to have. I sent the rest home with my brother. I received a picture froma buddy that is just crazy, they found well over 100# of them...I will try and get it uploaded sometime soon, it is almost unbelieveable.

So whats the deal..is the season ahead or on par?

Beennwatching the weather....you guys have had cold nights!

Slowing thing down a bit from the crazy march?

It has been way ahead of schedule. People are still finding them, but tonight may put the whammy on them since it is dropping into the upper 20's.

Turkey season ought to be good this year though, I was talking with the MDC biologist and the majority of the hens will be made by the time season opens, so it will be easier to call in horny toms.

It has been way ahead of schedule. People are still finding them, but tonight may put the whammy on them since it is dropping into the upper 20's.

Turkey season ought to be good this year though, I was talking with the MDC biologist and the majority of the hens will be made by the time season opens, so it will be easier to call in horny toms.

Thats awesome!

Last two years have good hatches.....

While i like to leave the jakes alone, its good to know i have a good chances of seeing them

We have been seeing full strutting/pursuing toms for a month now..this weather pattern has really screwed with mother nature...and next week I will reap its rewards! :D This is going to be the first year I am going to try and start the season with a bow and end with a gun, not vice versa as in the past.

0426122159.jpg

mmm...one last time

so turkey hunting sucked.

everything was at least 5 weeks early.

morels were LONG GONE by the time i got down there.

That's how it was in northern WI too. Saw more bears then turkeys, but I did find some morels Monday afternoon then destroyed the evidence before my girlfriend got home :)

yeah the morels we found were pretty much done here. mostly dried out. its crazy too because usually we don't find them until now and now its actually over this year.

Yeah I kinda figured, guys I shed hunt with seem to find a lot of snake heads?? I either over look them or just am too busy looking for antlers, are there a lot of diff types to find?

there are a lot of mushrooms you can eat, but i only go looking for morels. there are only 2 types that ive ever seen. there is one that is similar that is poisonous but once you see a side by side, its easy to tell the difference. downed dead elms are the best places to start...usually south facing hills early and north later...its really determined by soil moisture and temperature. when the stars align they start popping

Back