• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I use 2 Optimas? Or One??

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
Not sure if this set-up will need two Optima batteries, or if just the one will work for this winch set-up. :eyes:

WarnWinches.jpg

why is power to a winch on a store display, that's just asking for someone to burn it up lol

Wish my store was high volume enough to stock fun stuff like that :D

So you think I should add another, just to be safe? I do not want one to get burned up due to low voltage. I have another 5 laying around, I should just add them all in maybe. I have plenty of cables.

why is power to a winch on a store display, that's just asking for someone to burn it up lol

Wish my store was high volume enough to stock fun stuff like that :D

Good point, thanks. Will be taking notes for putting together the modifications tomorrow.

make sure the optimas are wired in series so people can see the power these winches offer. :wave1:

Way overkill. 'Shouldn't need even one. Just get a motorcycle battery, or maybe one of these.

Some little kid is going to play with that display and pinch a finger off running in the cable. You know what happens after that.

the display (while cool) looks like it's going to be more liability than it's worth. I can see it being too top heavy and getting either knocked over of pulling itself over when some schmuck tries to load up the line. I'd bolt it down and cover the controls before I ever let the unwashed masses anywhere near it.

I agree with Shorty, lock up the controls, bolt it down, and let no one near it with out a responsible employee right beside it at the controls. Don't even let one person other than an employee operate them!

It is ok guys. Good for having concern and all. :)

The battery is a dummy battery... it has nothing in it, it is just for show. I had to have something to do with the power leads, so I just mocked it up to the dummy battery.

Got any way to lock the gear levers down? I can see a 12yo spooling out all of that nice factory wrapped cable.

If it's just a mock up why are you wasting our time with stupid questions?

He is messing with the masses and having fun.....

Aren't the red Optimas the ones that the factory rep states "are not appropriate for winching use"? :laugh:

Yeah, but I do not have any dummy yellow ones right now. :greensmok

Aren't the red Optimas the ones that the factory rep states "are not appropriate for winching use"? :laugh:

Back