• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shop Tools - FI cleaner

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
Any recommendations for a fuel injector cleaning kit? I'm looking for the type you attach to your fuel rail, use compressed air, and pull the fuel pump fuse to operate, not the aerosol kind. Also, what type of cleaner solutions are you using?

Thanks.

--Matt

From my years of experience, I would recommend just running a can of BG44K through the fuel. It has never failed to clean up a clogged injector for me. It isn't cheap, but it is what the pro's use.

I've never noticed a difference with Sea Foam, though I've used it more than once anyway.

I used a junkyard engine in a project car, though, and the injectors were (all 8) gunked & frozen.
Dumped two cans of Johnson's Injector Cleaner (two bottles actually) into the tank, disconnected the line from the rail, turned the key on a few times (dumping the lines out, basically, and getting the injector cleaner to the rail) and a half hour later, she purred like a kitten.

I bought an OTC, model 7448a. Proffesional quality, machined aluminum, real good gauge etc. 110$ from amazon. Though i would NEVER run seafoam through any of my vehicles again. Did my xj the first time and now the valve train rattles, mmm i thought. Then i did my big block chev and it now has a noticabley loud lifter tick

I bought an OTC, model 7448a. Proffesional quality, machined aluminum, real good gauge etc. 110$ from amazon. Though i would NEVER run seafoam through any of my vehicles again. Did my xj the first time and now the valve train rattles, mmm i thought. Then i did my big block chev and it now has a noticabley loud lifter tick

I thought about giving that a shot myself, seems to be well recommended. How did the OTC setup work for you?

Back