• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHH...Its sleeping....

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
We did a little pre-run to scope out a few new trails at Paragon last weekend. After a rough morning on a new Black 3 called Pitfall, Mitches Jeep just decided it had enough and flopped right over for a nap. Practically nothing broken, but suffice it to say the stocker trail we were on is NOT set up for XJ's with more than 6" of lift.

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/C3/40/33825219-ce83-02000180-.jpg

Andy

It’s amazing how that photo makes it look like we were on flat ground.

His Jeep is a very sound sleeper, it was a bitch waking it up.

Bouncing along an off-camber section, I bet. It always happens when you least expect it...

damn Mitch...:), Hope everyhting is all right. I just started to work on my jeep again today..I should be all good for nacfest hopefully, just need to get all that metal coming, I will give you a call this week sometime.

Looks like you two had a pretty good time though Andy and Chris...was it just you three? Any new blacks anywhere? I heard they finally bull dozed valley road...that thing was turning into a black very quickly, it was kinda funny since it was supposed to be a green 1, but stilla huge PITA.

And mitch, did you get your Paragon charter club card yet, I never received mine.

_nicko_

Lawn Cher' said:
Bouncing along an off-camber section, I bet. It always happens when you least expect it...

They had no excuse. IIRC, my last words to them on the CB was something like "Wow, THAT was an interesting turn, you lifted boys are going to enjoy it." :D

It's interesting how those over 6" consider a BLUE 3 a stock trail. No rocks, but a heck of a sidehill drop on #37 "Turtle's Tail". Luckily I was running first, so I could continue down and around and back up another couple of trails to get my winch into a usable position. The other two didn't feel real comfortable about backing up on that slope to get to Mitch.

Even with my "measly" 4.5", I smacked another tree farther down. A pure stock XJ with no lean would probably have done better than all of us, assuming their downhill pucker factor was controllable.

What was expected though was that after getting her upright, and checking the cylinders for oil (none), she started right up! Gotta love that 4.0!!!

And, as Andy mentioned, you HC boys are going to enjoy the new "Pitfall", along with the other Black runs.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Yeah,We are all OK and YES we will be at NacFest.I drove my junk home after that!!!Good times!!!Andy,anymore pics?

Back