• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

She said WHAT???!!!

I smiled when I saw this thread. I thought I was the only one! Every time I pull into my driveway after work, I can't stop staring at the super cool XJ and sometimes I even have to walk around her and check her out (even though I built every inch of her). Amazing. Maybe I;m not a total freak after all!

Schnoz said:
My wife said mine was a useless moneypit!
I calmly mumbled under my breathe "no you are" ....

MEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW......................

You're a kept man. :D

Hey guys, I changed the lights on the rack, and built some rock rails. It worked out nicely, since they are also the air tanks for my york oba. I think I will paint or powdercoat the rack black, but it's not super high on my list. I'll probably wait to see if I can afford to paint the Jeep this summer, and paint the rack while it is off.
100_0634.jpg

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

The new lights put out an insane amount of light, but my wife still doesn't like it much.

Love2Ride450 said:
Hey guys, I changed the lights on the rack, and built some rock rails. It worked out nicely, since they are also the air tanks for my york oba. I think I will paint or powdercoat the rack black, but it's not super high on my list. I'll probably wait to see if I can afford to paint the Jeep this summer, and paint the rack while it is off.

The new lights put out an insane amount of light, but my wife still doesn't like it much.

I think the larger lights defenitely helped the rack. Did you toss the small rectangles or are you saving them for other uses? I'm still going with the paint it black suggestion though. The rockers are defenitely a good add!

I get into the habit of asking my wife "is that jeep bigger than mine" when we are going down the highway. Especially when towing my jeep behind us.

It's kind of an inside joke cause her mom always asks her dad "is that lady bigger than me?" and he ALWAYS says "YES DEAR".

I plan on using two of the rectangle lights on the back for backup lights, and a friend of mine wants to buy the other two. If he doesn't buy them, I'll probably put them on the bumper. Then I can actually run some auxiliary lighting on the road.

hah, she still lets me go to the junk yard.. I guess thats like taking the dog to the park and lettin it sniff some other dog butt for a while.

I do get to spend my our tax return on my lift though!

i guess that just makes me lucky i dont have a significant other to berate me about my jeep.

wouldnt mind one that appreciated me AND my jeep tho

The rig looks good/Clean.

In my case, my wife doesn't have to tell me how ugly my Jeep has gotten.
I need to put some time back into her.

Nice looking rig.

My wife will drive mine, but only if absolutely neccesary....(like tommorow, because the drivers side suspension is in pieces on the driveway....)

AND she knows better than to call it ugly, the first time she did, it wouldn't start for her....(No, I'm serious, IT WOULDN'T START!!), I got in and she fired right up....

The larger lights balance the rack out well...much better!

As for my XJ:

My Jeep loves me. I love my Jeep.
My wife loves my Jeep. I love my wife.
My kids adore my Jeep. I adore my kids.
My sister-in-law thinks my Jeep is a piece of sh*t. I think my sister-in-law is a piece of sh*t.

Works out nicely, don't you think? It's all very simple really.:D

Love2Ride450 said:
Do you guys ever look back at your Jeep as you walk into the store. Ever pull into the driveway in the family sedan and smile as your Jeep meets your eye? I have this habit, every time I pull in the drive with my wife in her car, I say "Thats a nice looking Jeep right there, who's the lucky guy?" My wife just rolls her eyes at me in silence.

Last night, I followed this same routine, and for some reason, questioned her silence. After a moment, I said, "Seriously though, that thing has come a long way, don't you think?"
She says, "Honestly, I think it's UGLY."

WHAT???? Ugly???

Ok, first my Jeeps a trailer queen, so no I never do that, you weirdo! On the other hand my Dodge is one fine looking truck, and my wife likes both vehicles.

As for your Jeep, it's white. White vehicles = UGLY :)

I already told you guys, I didn't use any armor all or tire grease on my tires! When I wash it, I use super clean and a scrub brush on the rubber, and that is it! They aren't shiny, just clean. In the first series of pics, the tires are wet because I just washed it, then backed it out on the road.!!!1

Thanks for all the comments. I am not particularly fond of the color either, I will hopefully be painting it red this summer.

Back