• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC Rig Directory

Re: Picture Request...EVERYBODY!!!!

Ghost said:
Mike that is Romeo. You remember him from many years ago? when he came the first time it was a nice stock rig. Still nice.
Yeah, I did remember him. I was amazed at how far he'd taken it when I saw it at the Crawl last year.

yea it is...that guy is cool as hell and just fun to be around

just wait till you go camping with him on a trip, and taste his camp food...

words just can't describe...

bgwyllys61 said:
i had that xj before the previous owner.....i assume you bought it from Tracy? thats who i sold it to, and i wish i hadnt sold it.....

well, now that its actually drivable, I'll sell it back to you if you really want it.

dont need it, but i never considered it not drivable....what did you change? i know Tracy put a nice window in the block, but i never had any issues out of it

haha, it had about 3 holes in the block, trackbar bracket and "brace" ripped off of it (took part of the framerail with it), steering wheel about to fall off, pitman arm only being held on by a couple of threads, both wheel cylinders busted on the rear, tubes seal leaking pretty bad on the rear, tranny lines spewing fluid out, wires running everywhere to god knows what with no fuses in them. I almost scrapped it and put the axles under something else. Its definitely not the same rig that it was. No shot at you or anything, everybody says youre a pretty good guy.

so heres my 91 4 door. its been through a few changes in the short time Ive had it.

Started with
6.5" Rusty's SA kit
35" Krawlers
Warn rockkrawler front bumper/rear with tire carrier
bushwacker pocket flares
Warn diff gaurds/rock sliders
ARB snorkel
lockrite in the D30

scottye004.jpg

Then I got wise and did away with the mall crawler look and built it a little more "offroad" freindly...

I took off the bushwackers then got a 4 real front bumper
004.jpg

SA kit hard @ work
011.jpg

Broke bar pins in the rear so I built a shock tower and added some reinforcement to the unibody
028.jpg

door mod
001-1.jpg

Decided I wanted to go bigger so 37's came 1st
HPIM1350.jpg

Then I realized the SA kit wasnt enough so I did the LA upgrade with 9" coils. Still wasnt completely happy so I threw a set of 1.75 spacers in.

Added a Superwinch.
HPIM1352.jpg

found out the hard way stock steering isnt gonna cut it so I went OTK
HPIM1374.jpg

since Im stuck with the axles I went super 30/35 with Detroits f/r.
And heres the way she sits now...
HPIM1373.jpg

HPIM1372.jpg

Oh and I did away wit the tire carrier and made my version of the TNT rear bumper. Im in the process now of interior cage work. I still have a little bit of tube left to bend and Ill start the welding process. Once the inside is done its time to start the exo.

99XJWhitey said:
haha, it had about 3 holes in the block, trackbar bracket and "brace" ripped off of it (took part of the framerail with it), steering wheel about to fall off, pitman arm only being held on by a couple of threads, both wheel cylinders busted on the rear, tubes seal leaking pretty bad on the rear, tranny lines spewing fluid out, wires running everywhere to god knows what with no fuses in them. I almost scrapped it and put the axles under something else. Its definitely not the same rig that it was. No shot at you or anything, everybody says youre a pretty good guy.

That's nothing! I bought a pair of axles from a guy here on NAXJA and ran them for a while. First red flag was the booger welded CA brackets on the front, but they had a lot of good parts on both axles, so I bought them anyway. After installing them, I realized the driver's inner C was bent on the front axle, but I let it ride until I had time to rebuild it with a new axle housing. Fast forward to this past weekend, and I pulled the front to build my new one, and this is what I found when I pulled the Warn hub conversion off:

IMG_1025.jpg

:scared: I'd like to kick the guy in the nuts that "built" this axle! Jebus!! It only costs $10 each to get the rotors machined to fit over the hubs! I guess he was thinking "why waste that $20 when I can use my trusty cutoff wheel!?!? And it didn't stop there, either. The R&P had .016 of backlash, which pretty much means they just threw the gears in using all the stock shims and let it ride :looser:

Then when I started inspecting the pinion for wear, it was chipped all to hell on the leading edge of the teeth, and the axle seals had been swiped over with Permatex to "fix" a leak. :gonnablow

I can only imagine what the rear axle is going to be like when I pull it for a rebuild :rolleyes:

Georgia Mike said:
That's nothing! I bought a pair of axles from a guy here on NAXJA and ran them for a while. First red flag was the booger welded CA brackets on the front, but they had a lot of good parts on both axles, so I bought them anyway. After installing them, I realized the driver's inner C was bent on the front axle, but I let it ride until I had time to rebuild it with a new axle housing. Fast forward to this past weekend, and I pulled the front to build my new one, and this is what I found when I pulled the Warn hub conversion off:

IMG_1025.jpg

:scared: I'd like to kick the guy in the nuts that "built" this axle! Jebus!! It only costs $10 each to get the rotors machined to fit over the hubs! I guess he was thinking "why waste that $20 when I can use my trusty cutoff wheel!?!? And it didn't stop there, either. The R&P had .016 of backlash, which pretty much means they just threw the gears in using all the stock shims and let it ride :looser:

Then when I started inspecting the pinion for wear, it was chipped all to hell on the leading edge of the teeth, and the axle seals had been swiped over with Permatex to "fix" a leak. :gonnablow

I can only imagine what the rear axle is going to be like when I pull it for a rebuild :rolleyes:

WOW! :twak:

99XJWhitey said:

well, i appreciate that, i just wonder when it went south, everything was good when i sold it other than a few oil leaks....

bgwyllys61 said:
well, i appreciate that, i just wonder when it went south, everything was good when i sold it other than a few oil leaks....

eh, its getting better piece by piece. I drove it once on the road and have never experienced death wobble quite like this one. scared the crap out of me. What the heck did that little button on the dash do anyway? and what is going on with the lights on the back. when I hit the brakes, everything comes on.

im not sure which button on the dash you are taling about.....im not sure about the lights either, i never paid attention to that, and i also never had death wobble....hmmm.....just makes me wonder what happened to it:scared:

100_1515-1.jpg

forgot about these....

2008MuddinTrip059.jpg

.......AETNA!!!!!!!!.......

100_1503.jpg

had to throw this one up chris!

100_1511.jpg

i cant seem to view that pic you sent me. i put it on a micro sd card from my notebook and tried to view it on my phone but its a no go. can u text it to me? the lighting is perfect, nice moisture, a little shimmer. hah.

Back