• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

scary times

The Walmarts here in the southeast are just beginning to get their inventory back up to speed. For a while all you could find was 12 gauge target loads/birdshot. Around Jan they begin getting .22 and .40 again, followed by .357 Sig and in the last two weeks they've had plenty of 9 and .45. 12gauge buckshot and slugs and .38/.357 Mag seem to be the only hard to get things around here right now.

Walmart as a company isn't going to stop selling ammo anytime soon, but there are some stores that don't carry it and they seem to be adding more stores to that list. Mostly stores in urban areas. When the company went to only selling guns in the stores with the top 20% of firearms sales everyone said Walmart was going to stop selling guns alltogether. Of the five or so Walmarts within a half hour drive from me three sell firearms and two don't.

The fact that so many people starting buying so much ammo last year put the manufacturers behind which resulted in Walmart's warehouses going dry which meant empty shelves. As everyone gets caught up things we will get back to normal (or whatever will pass for normal for the next four years anyway).

I try to pick up a few boxes everytime I'm in Walmart, but I get most of my ammo from http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/.
They are taking a little longer to deliver now than before this all started, but it's only like 7-10 days compared to the old standard 3 days and it's sitting on my porch that I was accustomed to.

The Walmarts here in the southeast are just beginning to get their inventory back up to speed. For a while all you could find was 12 gauge target loads/birdshot. Around Jan they begin getting .22 and .40 again, followed by .357 Sig and in the last two weeks they've had plenty of 9 and .45. 12gauge buckshot and slugs and .38/.357 Mag seem to be the only hard to get things around here right now.

Walmart as a company isn't going to stop selling ammo anytime soon, but there are some stores that don't carry it and they seem to be adding more stores to that list. Mostly stores in urban areas. When the company went to only selling guns in the stores with the top 20% of firearms sales everyone said Walmart was going to stop selling guns alltogether. Of the five or so Walmarts within a half hour drive from me three sell firearms and two don't.

The fact that so many people starting buying so much ammo last year put the manufacturers behind which resulted in Walmart's warehouses going dry which meant empty shelves. As everyone gets caught up things we will get back to normal (or whatever will pass for normal for the next four years anyway).

I try to pick up a few boxes everytime I'm in Walmart, but I get most of my ammo from http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/.
They are taking a little longer to deliver now than before this all started, but it's only like 7-10 days compared to the old standard 3 days and it's sitting on my porch that I was accustomed to.
With Obama being elected, Wal Mart wanted to make sure all the rednecks didn't have access to more ammo :D

...but everyone is just overly excited about our first "african american" president and all his "changes" :nono:

lol:cheers:

isnt illegal to that? like against the 2nd amendment?

So is NFA34. So is GCA68. So were the Clinton AW bans. So is the various CA/NY/Chicago bans, the NY Sullivan Law, and pretty much all of the restrictions on CCW (including the fact of requiring a permit for CCW in the first place.)

What's your point?

isnt illegal to that? like against the 2nd amendment?

What is illegal? Store choosing not to carry a particular item? Nope, it is their store, it is their choice....

Regarding Walmart. The way I understand it, they buy trainloads of ammo at a time. Last supply they had.... ran out, and they're waiting for new supply to come in (btw, if you think back, ammo went up a fair amount in price everywhere else but WallyWorld... and that's cause they still had old stock).

In regards to gun/ammo control.... that is true: one way to control the firearms is to control the ammo. There has been efforts by UN and Mexico (yup, MEXICO) that have picked up in intensity since Obama got elected, to disarm the American public (I wonder if bad guys have lobby efforts that lobby for them being the only ones with firearms?).

So... want to do something about it? join CRPA and NRA. Yes, their efforts don't always work out the best, or some might not be the smartest but they are the only unified front that we have. There is something to be said about strenght in numbers.

Oh yeah... and why did Wally World stop selling guns in CA? From what I recall it was due to idiots behind the counter screwing up with forms and paperwork and Wally World getting fined big time by DOJ (or whoever is the enforcement arms) resulting in the sales of firearms becoming a loosing proposition.

A report making the rounds in Canada that says officials have it on "good authority" that our State Department may be on the verge of cutting off all imports of certain calibers of ammunition.

Ammos listed for this rumored ban include the .50BMG, 7.62x39mm Soviet, 7.62x51mm NATO, .308 Winchester, 5.56 NATO and .223 Remington. Additionally, we're hearing that an expansion of this proposed ban might be broadened to include the 6.8mm SPC, 9mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP- among others.

In other words, State Department officials may be floating a trial balloon to see if there are howls of protest, or whimpers of compliance. Canadian elected officials who have directed this information to me say the move seems to be motivated by "emboldened" anti-gun officials who think they have a kindred spirit in President Obama.

Additionally, Canadian officials tell me they are hearing rumblings of blanket export bans on certain firearms to Canada and the attachment of DSP-83 End Use Certificates (with their $250 Export Fee) attached to all other types of American firearms.

No matter which side of the border you're watching, we'll keep you posted.
--Jim Shepherd
http://www.shootingwire.com/

Now i have not search on this, so don't shot me ok...:rolleyes:

Back