• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safety Checklist

AZRockRunner

Nobody
Who would like to take the lead on this? I want a checklist to include all items that are not just in the ByLaws but other things that we all feel need to be included. Once this list is complete and agreed upon, I can print them out on my laser printer and bring to Rockfest.

Do we intend to restrict rigs from trails depending on the additional equipment (tire size, lockers, etc) they may not have?

I think that the Trail boss should be able to make that call based on his knowledge of the trail and the driver.
I know some guys that can take an unlocked rig through some AMAZING stuff and then some guys that cant drive straight SOBOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this can be up for debate as far as I am concerned.

I believe that the trail boss should recomend what is needed and mention if it has bypasses, however i dont think we should limit individuals. Plus, keep in mind, we all care for our rigs and most of us wont do stuff that will end up in serious carnage.

I took this from the Tierra del Sol website (tds4x4.com)... they have several categories, and all rigs are welcome on trails. They color cordinate the trails/routes/bypasses to delegate the level of difficulty.

These are there requirements

All 4X4 vehicles must meet the Mandatory Vehicle Safety Requirements. No refunds will be given if
regulations are not met. Long whip antennas should be removed or tied down (a hazard to bystanders).

MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
2. Roll bar or metal top
3. Seat belt for each occupant
4. Functional emergency brake or MICRO -LOCK
5. Mu!er(s) - NO open headers
6. Fire Extinguish er
7. Tow rope, strap, cable, chain or winch

RECOMMENDED ITEMS1. First Aid Kit
2. Serviceable Spare Tire
3. CB Radio

He probably will if I EVER REMEMBER TO ASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that the trail boss should recomend what is needed and mention if it has bypasses, however i dont think we should limit individuals. Plus, keep in mind, we all care for our rigs and most of us wont do stuff that will end up in serious carnage.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: After this weekend? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was expected, but Im reffering to others... LOL. You know I dont care. but we do need to get togther for the rockers...

Side note: are we planning to mark the trails with colored markers on bushes so people can follow the trail back to camp. I believe that is very important, especially knowing there is some individuals that dont know the area to well, and might want to leave early.

I'm all about the trail boss setting the rig requirements. The NAXJA checklist is similar to what Alex already posted. I have the req'd NAXJA release forms. I just need to make copies.

Alex unless you and/or someone else want to mark the the trails. I don't see why not. We could add a GPS system to the req list.

I don't see that being very realistic. We don't know what trails were going to be run. So how will we know what trails to mark. Going along the same lines as earlier. Trails were to be determined by trail boss and attendees.

We don't have the time or the resources to go out and mark all the possible trails. It will be up to the trail leader to know the trail.

It is not realistic to require that all participants have a gps.

We could photocopy a topo that has a decent image of the area and some of the basic trails and or copy Charles Wells pages from his book.

I know req a GPS is a far out.

I'm inclined to leave everything as is. Just let them know if they get seperated from the group they are on their own. Copying from a copy righted book prolly isn't the greatest idea.

Back