• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon or Bust

FYI, keep an eye on the Pirate 4x4 thread about the Fordyce creek flows, check the sticky at the top of the Fordyce forum. I have heard reports that the creek flow will be increased by a lot that weekend. 275 cfs is about the limit for crossing safely, they are projecting flows in the area of 300-500 cfs. If this holds true you may want to try running Barrett Lake Jeep Trail instead of Fordyce.

I would love to go, but at this point I'm not positive I can make it.

300 is very scary, back end floated and it was eating my 37's over on the easy line:

300Fordyce_2006.gif

I would never go over that at 400 cfs or above

Last edited:
There are two Jeeps (XJ's) in the group currently and two people per Jeep. I think we cover ground pretty quickly but keep in mind this is our first time to the area and we would like to SEE it as much as possible ;)

I am just about to order the book recomended earlier in the post so that I can better "plan" our schedule. I don't know which way we will be going yet (I am open to recommendations). The plan was to run the Rubicon on the weekdays and Fordyce on the weekend (only because I assumed it would be less crowded this way, but I am only guessing?)

I will keep a eye on the river and see how it goes, we can either spend more time on the Rubicon if it is out of the question or head up Barrett Lake instead.

My rig is towed, the other is not.

Michael

Back