• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon express lift

What were you looking at the other times he was wheeling and you were there? :D

Mark, glad to see that new stuff put to use! The gears and lockers make a huge difference, don't they? :) I sure love that RE6030 and OME long travel shocks. I want a DD with that setup.

Oh, and the guy commenting about the parts being more than the Jeep: They cost the same whether the Jeep was $500 or $5000, or even $15000. Quality costs money. If you got what you WANTED to pay for, you'd be that guy we all complain about on the trail...and you'll be wondering why you don't get invited along on runs. ;)

lol thats what im trying to avoid.. haha thats why i want a decent lift. i guess it is a little spendy but its worth it and like you said i wont be the one that no one invites cause he wants to run uber cheap and will always have something going on:party:

lol thats what im trying to avoid.. haha thats why i want a decent lift. i guess it is a little spendy but its worth it and like you said i wont be the one that no one invites cause he wants to run uber cheap and will always have something going on:party:

Buy once, cry once. ;)

Haha I like that. Someone told me that I could get the same amount of lift if I do the bastard pack for cheaper and it rides pretty good but what do you think?

Haha I like that. Someone told me that I could get the same amount of lift if I do the bastard pack for cheaper and it rides pretty good but what do you think?

There are litterally hundreds of ways of building an XJ. If you come to NW Fest you will see ALOT of Jeeps and none of them are a like.

Personally I would WAIT on a lift. Use what you have for a while, talk to all of us on the trail, research on line till you didn't think there was anything else to learn. Then start a plan.
Most of us would recommend something along the lines of this:
Protection First
Lift
Gears/lockers
Tires

The problem with the lift is that it drives all sorts of other expensive things (SYE, Gears, Lockers, tires, wheels, brakes, etc).

If you start with a budget boost or 3" lift you can avoid MOST of the expensive stuff and piece the rest of it together over time.

Along these lines:
3" lift and 31" tires on stock rims.
Then in time you can get all of your protection 1 at a time.
Rock sliders, Gas tank, Tranfer case, engine, diffs, etc, etc.
Then work on better brakes, SYE, new wheels (to fit larger tires), longer brake lines, etc.
Then when you have the coin for gears and lockers you can do them.
Then you move into the larger tires and larger lift.

You get the idea.
baby steps. You will learn much more along the way and appreciate the journey and your pocket book will appreciate the pace.

Michael

There are litterally hundreds of ways of building an XJ. If you come to NW Fest you will see ALOT of Jeeps and none of them are a like.

Personally I would WAIT on a lift. Use what you have for a while, talk to all of us on the trail, research on line till you didn't think there was anything else to learn. Then start a plan.
Most of us would recommend something along the lines of this:
Protection First
Lift
Gears/lockers
Tires

The problem with the lift is that it drives all sorts of other expensive things (SYE, Gears, Lockers, tires, wheels, brakes, etc).

If you start with a budget boost or 3" lift you can avoid MOST of the expensive stuff and piece the rest of it together over time.

Along these lines:
3" lift and 31" tires on stock rims.
Then in time you can get all of your protection 1 at a time.
Rock sliders, Gas tank, Tranfer case, engine, diffs, etc, etc.
Then work on better brakes, SYE, new wheels (to fit larger tires), longer brake lines, etc.
Then when you have the coin for gears and lockers you can do them.
Then you move into the larger tires and larger lift.

You get the idea.
baby steps. You will learn much more along the way and appreciate the journey and your pocket book will appreciate the pace.

Michael

yeah thank you i appreciate that... i think i am going to that that route. seems much easier and more easier on my wallet lol. thats what i like about the naxja north chapter. so friendly. when i took my other jeep to noob fest they were all awesome and chill

Back