• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rub it in

Fun time

Well, I too had a good time. Thanks to Heather and Kevin again for doing more than their fair share of the work.

It was good to meet all the new folks.

It's good to hear that very few had problems getting home.

Ari, your welcome. My garage is always open to a friend in need. You can pay me back by helping someone down the road.

Carpenter, if you come across those disconnects I could still use them.

Heather, I will post up the pictures when I get home. We will make Lugnut famous as the great pig fighter!

I am in Monterrey, Mexico. Great mountains and desert. This would be a great place for an event........a little far but looks like it could be fun.

Hope to see a lot of you in Moab. We will have to make plans. Some how we need to figure out how to get the NAXJA XJ and Kevin's XJ out there.

Well, that's next week's project. Got to go to work. Everyone take care.

Motorman (Keith)

Got under the Jeep to change oils yesterday & found More Carnage:

The front diff seal or pinion seal must be shot...it had maybe a cup of lube in it (and it was watery)

The cat got mashed :dunno: how THAT could have happened :D

Stripped the tranny pan drain bolt :mad: so we have another drip.

Lots of new dents, but I have my touch-up paint ready...I hate to wash the mud off, so maybe spray over it.

I had my semi-treaded 33x9.50s mounted yesterday...it cured the 30-45 mph shimmy I have been fighting and pulled the front DS, which cured the mean vibes at 50+mph (I'd have travelled without it installed if I had have known how sweet it is)

<edit> Also found my trusty AC Delco 12v air pump in a zillion pieces inside my tote box... :bawl: It puffed it's last puff into Fore Wheeler's XJ on top of Helipad.

Fun Fun Fun :viking:

Last edited:
Thanks Rockinxj I enjoyed taging along with you guys. It was neat to be rolling with another built XJ. I'm shooting to get her rebuilt for next year. I cannot say how much I appreciate all the patience and help and advise I recieved on my "3 cylander" engine.

Well I guess we were on the lite damage end this time only rock rash on the DS rear quater and took the 4x4 off back there too...Upper 2...the way to start the ride...(gives Keith his therphy by using the sledge hammer.)

guys i had a blast and cant wait until halloween to go back. Thanks for being so nice and i hope to stay in touch!!!

BTW: marks wife should know who i am by my screen name because she asked who i was atleast 3 times and then just decided to call me new guy, lol!!

Tellico New Guy said:
guys i had a blast and cant wait until halloween to go back. Thanks for being so nice and i hope to stay in touch!!!

BTW: marks wife should know who i am by my screen name because she asked who i was atleast 3 times and then just decided to call me new guy, lol!!

Chris?

Tellico New Guy said:

I hope from now on she knows where we're from, she asked us several times. LOL

I had so much fun, even tho y'all made fun of me cuz I was sleeping, I just wish we had more time to set around and BS, I love my NAXJA family.

AT least you got to sleep...I think I had 4 hours a night from Wed. on...Damn th drive home from Moab will be a Witch...

Fore Wheeler said:

Woody pulled me back to camp and we ate, drank beer, watched videos and slept (I slept when the video of Sean was on) :D

I think EVERYONE slept when the video of Sean was on!! :D

Glad to see/hear that everyone made it back okay! I had my best trip to Tellico so far! It was great meeting a bunch of you and seeing others again. Thanks to everyone that pushed, pulled, rocked and/or spotted me.It's funny how you perceive someone to be from the forum and then meet them and have a totally different view. Anyway...

My carnage was fairly light, compared to others anyhow. My first bit was a new racing stripe down the pass side from the trail going up to slickrock.
Guardrail ate my tailpipe hanger and driver side front marker lens.
Schoolbus...MAN!! Pass side qtr pnl and bumper got crunched, drv side rockrail pushed up into rocker, a few more streaks and scratches and one pair of underwear ruined!! Had to tighten my lower ctrl arm bolts before the trip back home, but you just can't beat these XJ's, specially for the money! Hopefully I'll see you all again soon! Until next time...happy wheelin and may the Jeep god's smile upon you!!

Dale

That post was a toatl lie...we saw him several times on Sat and he was never broken down and then he rode tru the campground.....

:) :) :) :) Happy happy!! Well, I don't know how, but I have a broken nothing in my front end, the stub and the hub are fine. I wish I hadn't had that hub unlocked after that popping sound. I went out and tested it after garage testing it and its locking and pulling fine. I think that temporary breakage was protecting me from going with you hardcore guys on Saturday and knocking all my windows out :D . The Jeep Gods were watching over me.

Also figured out what the problem with my ARB was. While I was running the airlines, my friend was running my electric. He tapped the ignition wire into the hot side for my amp :confused: . Thats okay though, as long as my stereo is on, so goes the compressor. Teaches me to wheel with out music :D ;) .

Once again life is awesome.

Sean, I don't have your address and need to mail you some coin. Hit me backchannel and I'll get that out.

Thanks for all,
Crunch

p.s. Maybe I should name my Jeep ' the Healer'

Well Mike, if you don't see anything wrong maybe it's time to tear the diff apart and check your locker for small broken pieces that haven't reared their ugly head yet. Maybe the one hub wasn't completely locked in and it let us know :dunno:

Dan, you're gonna need a shaman at your place for weeks on end to have your junk heal itself.

I'm pondering the possability of getting a 'new' 91+ stock XJ to start over with, I don't know what I'll do with straight sheet metal tho. :dunno:

I know!! I'll smash it all up so I can feel at home!!!!

OK now i have been rubbed raw, glad to know that most made it back with out much damage, i WILL see you in the fall.

Re: Fun time

motorman said:

Carpenter, if you come across those disconnects I could still use them.

Motorman (Keith)

I'll look around again but I'm afraid they may have been pitched a while back and I just forgot about it. I'll let you know what I turn up though.

Back