• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Non pee pee collecting rims ;) Plus, who airs up/down? That's lame, they stay at one pressure and I don't bother to check them unless I get a leak/flat.

Beast...

I'm gonna be selling header panels at all future NAC-Fest's... gonna clean up!!

Sell stubby bumpers with no side protection as well. You'll have customers coming back for years to come!!!

Beast...

I'm gonna be selling header panels at all future NAC-Fest's... gonna clean up!!

:roflmao:

I think this is like the 3rd or 4th one I've smashed on this jeep so far. Time to dove noise this thing and go to a buggy style front end, I plan to keep just the grill and a chopped up hood so it might resemble a XJ.

If you're thinking the same thing that I was thinking then he would not have enjoyed inflating/deflating his tires during fall crawl.
I would NEVER think something like that. I swear.

"water" certainly would be collecting in those wheels.

Got myself a dumptruck load of rocks in the back corner of my backyard. Took me 5 minutes after the truck left to get high centered and popped an 806. One trunion on the joint sheared off and some off the clips got pushed out. I just stopped right as it popped, I inspected the shafts closely and all the ears looked fine. Tossed another 806 in there, if something happens again I'll get chromo joints.

sq3xhc.jpg

2rlypef.jpg

Got cracking on my bender and got all the parts I needed. Used my plasma to cut all the 1/2" & 5/8" plate and the Bridgeport to drill the 1.375" holes. Assembled everything and found I have to move the pivot blocks up a few hundreths of an inch to get the tube to sit correctly. Got that all fixed up & rewelded, capped all the tube ends, and painted everything.

33vi536.jpg

1zvzfc9.jpg

6zca36.jpg

Stopped by an arcade shop up the street from me yesterday. He was stripping down a Cruisin' USA game and I bought the 4spd shifter off of it. Ken (kastein) is gunna help me out with some wiring and a small computer controller thingy for me so I can have full control of my AW4. I'm really looking forward to being able to control 2nd and 3rd gear when in low-low range. I'm gunna relocated the fire extinguisher back a little bit and build a bracket setup for the shifter.

r9pdky.jpg

207p0jo.jpg

oh Im super jealous of that shifter! now when you double tap the gas you will shoot fire from your exhaust and do a wheelie! and you will still be able to steer with your front wheels in the air!!!

ps where did you get the plans for the bender?

oh Im super jealous of that shifter! now when you double tap the gas you will shoot fire from your exhaust and do a wheelie! and you will still be able to steer with your front wheels in the air!!!

ps where did you get the plans for the bender?

Maybe cutting brakes and an ARB in the 14b will do nicely at helping steer :eyes:

The bender is a GOTTRIKES design with a ProTools 1.75" OD 240* die. I still wanna add some wheels and junk too.

free game for first place!

KoUJ here I come.....

:greensmok

Give a guy a bender, tube, grinder, and a welder and this is what you get. Went to town on the thing, fenders have only gotten in my way. Still gotta add some more tube around the tire opening and close up the inner area with some sheetmetal. Halo wraps around the gutter rails, gunna be welded all around to them. Working on the roof crossbars now and the B pillars, gunna lay out the harness bar after.

2lcxxl3.jpg

3149edf.jpg

2wgrvq1.jpg

2vx5bok.jpg

1givwy.jpg

frt looks good, why dod you end the rear tube there? chopping more off?

frt looks good, why dod you end the rear tube there? chopping more off?

Maybe :eyes:

I haven't decided how I wanna do the back yet. There will be less sheetmetal/glass and more tube.

looks good. what are you going to do for forward lights? or are you just not going to run any.

Maybe add some Ruffstuff HID's and/or a lightbar.

It was a Cherokee...

Aaaaaand it gone.

:laugh: there's still some XJ left.

Here's what I'm at so far. I'll finish up the halo, the tubework on the rear quarters, and some supports from the shock hoop to the halo & B-pillar/harness bar. I can't to start welding this thing up, filled my extra bottle and bought another extra spool for the MIG. It's gunna be fun welding to the rain gutters and to the roof skin everywhere, but it'll really stiffen up the body.

358dx5e.jpg

1zp4acg.jpg

2qnxuu9.jpg

chxk6.jpg

28k1rbs.jpg

thats where I envy you 4 door guys. when I build a seat belt bar I make my rear seat useless. but you junk looks good.

oh and your missing one bar on the roof.

Back