• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rolling your xj

i see that you are in dall im from lubbock and know where a 89 4door xj sits. the guy wants around 900 bucks for it it needs a steering colum and is suppost to run. it is decent shape if your interested pm me and ill get you a number maybe you can get him to make you a deal. i was originally gonna buy it till i got another one for 600 bucks that ran. if you start looking it is easy to find a xj for a few hundred dollars.

XJ_ranger said:
bending any part of the body bend the uni-body...

my unibody is bent after sliding into a tree...

does this mean i should loose the roof and cage it? nope...

Theres a difference between rolling it, and getting a few scraches down the side?

buy a non running jeep for a couple hundread bucks swap over your stuff and then build an exo cage so next time it happens you just laugh and pull out a rattle can

Beachmonkey6 said:
ive been lookin but i cant find the "Browse" button on this page so i dont know how to post pics. Let me know how and ill post some.
You can post pictures if you pay to be a member. :firedevil

OK, that's not really true.
naxja doesn't host pics, you have to link to your own hosting.

Last edited:
Capt. Nemo said:
smashedsidefull.jpg
Damn Cappie,
At first glance I thought, "Where did he get that pic of my XJ?"

This just happened to me today:

roll1.jpg

Not my XJ and I wasn't driving, but it was a helluva ride, lemme tell ya...

We're bringing it back home tomorrow and I'm gonna try and jack the a-pillars back up, fit another windshield in, make all the doors work, and re-weld the exploded passenger side control arm brackets. It'll be far from perfect, but the problem is he only had liability insurance, so he's out the total cost of the vehicle (which he got 8 days ago) if he scraps it. He's just looking for something to drive him a few miles to work and back each day until he saves enough money to get something else, then chop this one into a badass trail rig.

I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

the link does NOT work

You need to log yourself out of Webshots, then go into your album as a "guest". Copy the link, and paste it in your post. It should work fine then. HTH

Les

PS: You have a cookie that allows you to view your album when your logged in ... however, we do not have the cookie.

I would definitely get another rig and swap parts. When I said 14 hours that was JUST the outer skin. You need ALL new upper structure from the B-pillar forward. And on your drivers A-Pillar they may want to section it down on the cowl, really can't tell from the pic. You have at least 25 hours labor time there plus parts, and most recycling yards won't cut up a cowl for a roof section.

Just do yourself a favor buy another xj.

Hans

Back