• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock River Arms....

dphillips said:
I've been looking hard at the .50 Beowulf. As soon as I can get a good price on a lower I think I will be oredering it. Looks like a thumper to me and I'm pretty sure you can use the standard 30rd .223 magazines with just slight modification.

The only problem I have with something like that is that you're limiting yourself with the caliber.

PERSONALLY I'd rather get a Saiga 12 and put slugs through it. :)

the next one I build will be a 6.8, that round really has some teeth to it. ghost make sure to get an upper marked for 5.56 not .223. IIRC they rae dimesionally the same but the pressure created by the 5.56 is much higher, due to it being a nato round.

A questioin. I saw a used colt with 12 mags and a scope for $1100. Is that a decent deal? What is the problem with the colts as to why people are not recomending them?

Ghost said:
A questioin. I saw a used colt with 12 mags and a scope for $1100. Is that a decent deal? What is the problem with the colts as to why people are not recomending them?

They're not recommending them because Colt does not sell to non-LE or Gov't anymore. They'll cut off resellers who sell to civilians.

ECKSJAY said:
Last I checked in WA we could purchase, own, and affix...but could not 'fire' with one attached. :rolleyes:

Gawd - talk about stupid...

dphillips - as I recall, you can use the standard 30-round .223 "banana" magazine for .50Beo & .458 SOCOM - it will hold about 10 rounds of each. You can check Alexander Arms for the .50 Beo (and now that I think on it, I think the .458 SOCOM was devised by - get this! - "Tromix Lead Delivery Systems." I love that name!)

So, you should be good.

Ghost said:
Anyone have any experience with there ar's? anyone own anything by them or know if they are decent weapons?
I have a RR A4 varmiter, out of the box and after sighting it in, I shot 5 shots in the SAME ragged hole at 100yds. Then at 200 slightly larger and at 300, I can hit an egg one shot COLD bore. DAMN GREAT GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shot a 2 inch group at 600 yds.( hand loads of coarse)

Stumbled across this a couple weks ago. Ended up getting it instead:

colt.jpg

Now let the learning begin!

So what is it? Besided the obvious A2 stuff. It looks A2/CAR 'esk. I ended up picking one up last weekend too. I got a RRA CAR lower. t's gonna be my first build.

KRAKER said:
So what is it? Besided the obvious A2 stuff. It looks A2/CAR 'esk. I ended up picking one up last weekend too. I got a RRA CAR lower. t's gonna be my first build.
It's a Colt. 3x scope and 11 mags. Not sure who makes the scope. Been watching it for a few weeks. Made an offer and they decided to take it.

Last edited:
Nice.

Here's my Noveske just before my 5-year old shot it. He wasn't allowed to touch the trigger until the Kodak moment had ended :D

108_1253.jpg

The only thing I don't like about that rifle is the A3 upper - I never really cared for the flattop. I'd need a riser to use the scope anyhow, and I like my "fixed" sights to be truly fixed.

Maybe it's just me. But, backups should be Mark 1 Mod 0 simple.

Apart from that, damn nice rifle!

Some close ups:

CAR150027.jpg

CAR150029.jpg

CAR150030.jpg

I think this thing needs some oil. Seems very dry inside. What areas should be oiled before opperation? I don't think this thing has been fired much if any.

KRAKER said:
That is bitchen! Almost what I want mine to look like. SS, flip sights, full floater. Very nice. Did you build it? Specs?

I did not build it, I decided that I could either nickle and dime my way to the top or simply buy a good rifle set up the way I like it. Still shopping for better optics, that scope was removed after the kids shot it. My 9-year old loved it, blasted off a bunch of rounds :D

Find the rifle and specs here- I did not spend that much, purchased it used.
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bi...r145p556&cat=51&page=1&search=&since=&status=

SCW said:
I did not build it, I decided that I could either nickle and dime my way to the top or simply buy a good rifle set up the way I like it. Still shopping for better optics, that scope was removed after the kids shot it. My 9-year old loved it, blasted off a bunch of rounds :D

Find the rifle and specs here- I did not spend that much, purchased it used.
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r145p556&cat=51&page=1&search=&since=&status=

now you just have to reward yourself by setting up on a nice dog town. we should get together this spring and i can show you some good dog towns.

slider said:
now you just have to reward yourself by setting up on a nice dog town. we should get together this spring and i can show you some good dog towns.

For dogs and such, you'll probably want tho think about loads using the Hornady SXSP in light weights - I find them very accurate at longer ranges, consistently made. Just make sure to "dope out the drift" when you shoot tho - dog towns can usually see shots (as I recall) between 300-1000 yards, and wind is a huge factor with lightweight small-calibre pills. But, you probably know that already...

slider said:

Absolutely. I've got about 1000 rounds downstairs right now and parts for another 3000, so I should still have some by spring :D Amazing how fast these stupid things will chew through a few hundred rounds.

There is a group here in SLC doing carbine training in a few weeks if you are interested. Gunsite is also putting on a class here in May, great price on it but only 20 slots open in the class.

Back