• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ring & pinion change

It would probably be cheaper and easier to swap in a better axle.

Yeah, I've setup myself a few times and it's a pain in the ass. I have sworn not to so now I'm on the hunt for 4.10 front and rears.

D35 snobs might want to look at the OP's location. Finding and swapping in 'better' axles might not be as easy as it sounds. Of course, Israel is rumored to have the front and rear D44s...but I don't know how available they really are.

To avoid noise, a good gear setup is more important than brand. My info on 'good brands' is a little dusty and I know there have been some manufacturing and marketing changes since then. Typically the cheaper gears (here in the U.S.) are also the more difficult to setup properly without noise and other problems. There are always exceptions of course, but that's an estimate to get you in the area if you research them.

Jim www.yuccaman.com/jeep

Yes, no junkyards with D35 here in Israel, so have no choice here..
think ill find dana/spicer. any store recomendations ?

Thanks

There are NAXJA sponsors (http://sponsorship.naxja.org/) who sell gears, Dana/Spicer gears for a D35 should be fairly simple to find. A bigger question would be which ones ship overseas.

Back