• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rifle inspired roof rack idea

bmpweXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've been wanting to replace my stock roof rack and got an interesting idea after seeing this:
http://www.mwgco.com/images/products/star/all-a.jpg

Why not have something similar for the roof rack. I live in Colorado and see people driving around with unused shit on the top of their vehicles all the time. I want something that would allow me to custom attachments for various needs. So, the idea is to weld up a 1" square tube to a set of JCR gutter mounts. I'd like to place it so the center of the tube is about an inch higher than the highest point on the roof (trying to keep it low profile).

Every foot or so I could drill a 3/4" hole through both sides of the square tube. Find some round tube thats 3/4" OD and whatever inside diameter would allow me to tap the hole for whatever size bolt I decide to use.

Viola, I have a roof rock that's low profile and allows me easily to build attachments to suit what ever I decide to carry.

What do you guys think of this? Suggestions and criticisms wanted.

scott @ rockstomper over on pirate will make you picatinny rail as long as you'd like if you want to use that style attachment.

scott @ rockstomper over on pirate will make you picatinny rail as long as you'd like if you want to use that style attachment.

I think he's saying he wants a Daniel Defense roof rack.

Tapatalky

Back